`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions on color and 10th Ann. Issue

Questions on color and 10th Ann. Issue
OK, here is another reason I don't like A&G much. What's the significance (if any) to the different color of Allen & Ginter in the bottom right corner on the front of the base set cards?? I've seen a black, a grayish blue, green and a brownish-copper.

Next question, what's the deal with the gold 10th Anniversary foil stamping. I pulled 2, looks like the base foil version, plus I pulled a brownish framed 10th Anniversary. What's the deal?
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

RE: Questions on color and 10th Ann. Issue
(08-07-2015, 08:50 PM)bamyanks Wrote: OK, here is another reason I don't like A&G much. What's the significance (if any) to the different color of Allen & Ginter in the bottom right corner on the front of the base set cards?? I've seen a black, a grayish blue, green and a brownish-copper.

Next question, what's the deal with the gold 10th Anniversary foil stamping. I pulled 2, looks like the base foil version, plus I pulled a brownish framed 10th Anniversary. What's the deal?

no significance that i know of. just different colors.

as far as the 10th Anniv, they are buybacks of previous years A&G there are full sized cards, and framed minis. full size fall 2 per hobby box, framed minis fall one per hobby box. some of the buybacks are doing pretty good!

(08-07-2015, 09:04 PM)GinterFan Wrote: no significance that i know of. just different colors.

as far as the 10th Anniv, they are buybacks of previous years A&G there are full sized cards, and framed minis. full size fall 2 per hobby box, framed minis fall one per hobby box. some of the buybacks are doing pretty good!
If you get a 10th Anniversary stamp of a card from this year, it's a very low run. Not sure of the number, though.

(08-07-2015, 09:58 PM)wfeeney Wrote: If you get a 10th Anniversary stamp of a card from this year, it's a very low run. Not sure of the number, though.
There are two versions. One stamped /10 and one unnumbered. The 2015 ones aren't stamped like the buybacks. It's actually printed on the card.

My 2 normal size 10th Anniversary cards are not S/N. One is a 2008 card and the other a 2010. Where do I look for pricing? Do I look in this year's listing or do I have to go back to 2010 and 2008?

The framed mini doesn't seem to be S/N either. The card is Fisk, possibly a 2014. Don't know why I am having so much troubles with these.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]