`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why buy boxes

RE: Why buy boxes
The last box I bought and busted was 1987 Topps in 1987. Since then I just look for singles. Collecting every HOF player gives me plenty of options so I can usually find something I need. Now when I go to the LCS on a Friday evening, three or four guys are standing around busting boxes and cussing while I search through boxes of singles. They grab their one hit and leave the rest of their cards behind muttering and I just slide over and buy their spoils for 10 cents per card. Works for me.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

RE: Why buy boxes
Was actually thinking maybe a case of 2015 Topps Chrome retail blaster boxes. Hearing really good things about them now that they're out.

Lots of color, retail exclusive colors (prism, etc) and the printing plates are now retail exclusive too. So might do that because it would be cheaper than a case of Hobby or Jumbo. Just likely not to hit that $2 auto like you would in Jumbo or Hobby, but would probably end up with more color and base.

(08-05-2015, 06:06 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Just be mindful of expired redemptions. I've seen some older breaks where all the good hits were expired redemptions. 2013 boxes are probably filled with them. 2014 you should be safe.
Case breaks are fun. Topps Series 1, 2 & update are great. 6 Jumbo Boxes per case and they usually sell for around $500. 6 autos, 12 relics, color cards, case hit, etc.
more base cards than you'll ever need, but never enough to finish a set. Smile Usually nothing huge, but the potential is there. Have fun & good luck.