`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
The Retail King Announces Retirement After This Awesome Walk-Off Pull!

The Retail King Announces Retirement After This Awesome Walk-Off Pull!
So I joined the forum in November 2011 after pulling a Bryce Harper auto refractor/500 out of a Bowman Chrome blaster.

It's been a great four years, but today I announce my retirement from retail pack busting (and all busting) after stopping yesterday to grab three blasters of Elite from my local Target.

I don't think I'll ever be able to do better than this, so I'm going out on top:

[Image: KrisBryantElite_zpskckoodxp.jpg]

Yes, it's a Kris Bryant auto, #03/10. Out of a blaster.

Don't get me wrong, I'll still hang out on the boards, but it's time to put my extra finances toward home repairs and all the other grownup stuff I probably should have been paying attention to all these years.

RE: The Retail King Announces Retirement After This Awesome Walk-Off Pull!
Grownup stuff? You mean like video games and beer, right? Personally, I've branched out a bit and started collecting a handful of the Pop Vinyls ... because that's totally normal for a 36-year-old Big Grin
Kepler

(07-29-2015, 10:32 AM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: Grownup stuff? You mean like video games and beer, right? Personally, I've branched out a bit and started collecting a handful of the Pop Vinyls ... because that's totally normal for a 36-year-old Big Grin
Ha ha yep, now I can invest in Coors Light.

(07-29-2015, 10:36 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Ha ha yep, now I can invest in Coors Light.
RJ, he said beer, not smelly water. Hehe! Get out and try some new stuff. I personally like Samuel Adams for American beer, and Surly IPA is also a great one for the hop fans. As for international, you can't go wrong with Erdinger! It is a tall, heady brew that is DARK and thick! Very tasty and easy drinking. We Canadians know our beers, but the Germans are masters!

As for the card and "retirement..." congrats, and give it a rest! You will be back once you see a sale sticker on a blaster at Target! Haha! Best wishes!

Randi

nice!...keeping or throwing that badboy on ebay?
the urge to keep these hits is always huge but bryant is so hot right now you could help pay for some of those repairs.

(07-29-2015, 11:04 AM)rayeates Wrote: RJ, he said beer, not smelly water. Hehe! Get out and try some new stuff. I personally like Samuel Adams for American beer, and Surly IPA is also a great one for the hop fans. As for international, you can't go wrong with Erdinger! It is a tall, heady brew that is DARK and thick! Very tasty and easy drinking. We Canadians know our beers, but the Germans are masters!

As for the card and "retirement..." congrats, and give it a rest! You will be back once you see a sale sticker on a blaster at Target! Haha! Best wishes!

Randi
I am in retirement until at least the football stuff starts coming out. Oh, wait ...
(07-29-2015, 11:16 AM)rentzington Wrote: nice!...keeping or throwing that badboy on ebay?
the urge to keep these hits is always huge but bryant is so hot right now you could help pay for some of those repairs.
Keeping it, all the way ... I'd rather sell all the other Bryants and keep this one.

Holy cow- you ended on a hot streak! Pass some this way please.
[Image: PIpbkRH.png]

Also collecting the top prospects for the Sox.
I never threw an illegal pitch. The trouble is, once in a while I toss one that ain't never been seen by this generation. — Satchel Paige
Special thanks to jbel for the sweet sig!

(07-29-2015, 04:13 PM)redsoxfan1534 Wrote: Holy cow- you ended on a hot streak! Pass some this way please.
I do need someone to ascend to the throne of "Retail King," LOL

That is one heck of a great pull, RJ! Then again, you aren't called the Retail King for nothing!
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

Long Live The Retail King!
What an awesome retail Hit, RJ! Congrats!
Maybe after I pulled my Bryant Redemption in 2014 Bowman, that should have heralded my retail retirement? Retail hasn't been worthwhile in a long while. It was downhill ever since.

As far as beer ... Last summer I was totally enjoying Leinenkugel Summer Shandy and Lucky Buddah Beer. The first was an amazing hot summer day Thirst Quencher while the latter was the beer that just tasted great with food of any cuisine. Currently, I'm obstaining from alcohol until I can once again afford to lose brain cells. Until that time, I will have to live vicariously, while preserving the few synapses that are still functioning. Smile
Stay thirsty, my friend! Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.