`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tulo to Toronto .....whoaaaaa

RE: Tulo to Toronto .....whoaaaaa
I feel like the Blue Jays will flip Tulo to the Mets for pitching, but you never know
[Image: PIpbkRH.png]

Also collecting the top prospects for the Sox.
I never threw an illegal pitch. The trouble is, once in a while I toss one that ain't never been seen by this generation. — Satchel Paige
Special thanks to jbel for the sweet sig!

Big Rockies Fan, I am stunned. I had a feeling it might happen though, but hoped it wouldn't. I agree this trade makes no sense, unless there is something else in the works. Tulo is the better player and Reyes is past his prime. If nothing else happens then this will be one of the most lop sided trades ever. I wouldn't be surprised if Cargo goes next, he is so hot right now. Keep reading stories the Rockies will be rebuilding around Arenado

(07-28-2015, 10:16 AM)zaccheus85 Wrote: Me too...Bridich told fans at the beginning of the season he was ready to upgrade pitching. Perhaps with the Tulo to Toronto trade he was showing us he has the cajones to pull of big moves...and Tulo is just the beginning.
he may have the cajones to make the trade but he does not have the head to think how is this going to affect our fan base. people go to the game to see their favorite players. how many fans were fans of his before the trade? i expect to see a drop of 3-4 thousand fans a game. if they trade cargo they will not recover any and all fans they lose from these trades. this my be the beginning of the end for the rockies.

Doubtful. They already posted a picture of his new Jersey on Twitter. More likely that the Rockies end up flipping Reyes, if anything.
[Image: Dm1XdZF.png]

(07-28-2015, 02:39 PM)ckrakowski Wrote: he may have the cajones to make the trade but he does not have the head to think how is this going to affect our fan base. people go to the game to see their favorite players. how many fans were fans of his before the trade? i expect to see a drop of 3-4 thousand fans a game. if they trade cargo they will not recover any and all fans they lose from these trades. this my be the beginning of the end for the rockies.
If the Rox see a drop of 3-4k fans per game, the Monforts are still laughing their way to the bank every night...they have plenty of money and make plenty of money with the team.

They traded a fan favorite, never a popular thing to do (I remember similar reaction when Ubaldo was traded and when Holliday was traded)...they made it past those trades alright. Will they ever again have a player of Tulo's caliber at SS? Doubtful. Could they win without a player of that caliber at SS? We will see.
Collecting: Fred McGriff, Chipper, Griffey, and Todd Helton.
[Image: 0989_001-1.jpg]