`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
7/27 Mail day - Defensive Player Collection

7/27 Mail day - Defensive Player Collection
Last year I started a defensive player collection for football. Recently, I have wanted to venture out to grab some of the great defensive players for baseball and basketball.

Here is the first basketball addition to the collection.

David Robinson 3/35

It was very budget friendly. Plus as a Veteran, I liked that he is in Navy uniform.

[Image: ROBINSON_zpsf6dczpjd.jpg]
My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

RE: 7/27 Mail day - Defensive Player Collection
Very nice!
-Aries
The Zodiac Collection
Boston Celtics Auto's Past & Present Super Collector
https://www.flickr.com/photos/156376773@...0713393666

Very cool having a picture with the Navy photo. Very low numbered too! Great looking card, congrats! Thanks for sharing it.
I am "THE" Elgin Baylor collector. Collecting basketball cards since 1992. You may know me from other places as "SportsItUpCards" or "Gio"

Collecting:

Elgin Baylor

Steve Francis 1999-00 Rare cards #'d to 100 or less

facebook.com/groups/SportsCardsHobbyTalk

Great idea, do you have a list of players that you are going to go after?
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(07-28-2015, 08:06 AM)djohn Wrote: Great idea, do you have a list of players that you are going to go after?
Hakeem and Rodman will probably be my next targets.
My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

I'm really not a fan of auto cards in an amateur uniform but that is a very nice card! On-card signature and it's an Exquisite card to boot, you can never beat that.
I like that "The Admiral" is the only player in color versus the other players. Also, the fact that in a sense Admiral is "above the rest" as the picture selected for this card has him mid-air going for a dunk and the rest of the players are beneath him. Representing in a sense that most players were/are beneath him....yeh, I really examine cards thoroughly and am quite picky.

Again, sweet first edition to your defensive player collection. Good luck!
Inconstancy is my very essence says the wheel Rise up on my spokes if ya like but dnt complain wen ya cast back down into the depths Good times pass away but then so do the bad Mutability is our tragedy but its also our hope The worst of times like the best are always passin away http://www.photobucket.com/vgqv

(07-31-2015, 04:18 PM)vgqv Wrote: I'm really not a fan of auto cards in an amateur uniform but that is a very nice card! On-card signature and it's an Exquisite card to boot, you can never beat that.
I like that "The Admiral" is the only player in color versus the other players. Also, the fact that in a sense Admiral is "above the rest" as the picture selected for this card has him mid-air going for a dunk and the rest of the players are beneath him. Representing in a sense that most players were/are beneath him....yeh, I really examine cards thoroughly and am quite picky.

Again, sweet first edition to your defensive player collection. Good luck!
Overall, I'm not a fan of college uniforms for established stars either. If he had attended a regular college, it probably wouldn't have appealed to me. But he was in the Navy uniform, a great design, and great price.

Thank you for your comments.
My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2