`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 Ginter Un-numbered and numbered 10th Ann. Parallels

2015 Ginter Un-numbered and numbered 10th Ann. Parallels
I purchased a Matt Carpenter 10th Anniversary Edition base card the other day and apparently it isn't numbered on back. Then on eBay I saw one listed that was stamped 3/10 on back. I've seen I think 3 now that doesn't have the numbering on back and that was the first one I saw that was numbered. Are there two different versions or something?

RE: 2015 Ginter Un-numbered and numbered 10th Ann. Parallels
Could be part of the code. You never know with Ginter..

I've seen that most of the 2015 A&G cards that are stamped with 10th anniversary are also #d on the back. Most of the buybacks (for instance, I pulled a 2008 Billy Butler) are stamped with 10th anniversary, but aren't serially #d. It's just the 2015 A&G that are stamped with the 10th anniversary are serially #d from what I can tell.

That's kinda dumb then that the "buy-back" of Matt Carpenter is the 2015 base card. The one I bought was a 2015 base card with 10th Anniversary Issue on the front but isn't numbered on back. But then I saw the same one, a 2015 base card with 10th Anniversary Issue on the front but numbered /10 on the back. Silly Topps...

I don't think the serial numbering has anything to do with it being a buyback or not. I think there might be more too it. Could it be that the front of the serial numbered card is glossy or some other variation. There are other players with the serial numbering, and all the ones that I noticed with serial numbering are from 2015. However there are some from 2015 with the same stamp that aren't serial numbered, so there must be something different (or maybe the difference is just that there are some serial numbered and some that aren't, or that a bunch of the 2015 anniversary cards missed the process of getting serial numbered).
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Topps erroneously put 2015 unnumbered parallels into packs. There have been numerous instances of people pulling these. They likely still have collectability but there will be no official claims as to how many of these were released IMO. Be glad you got one but if you paid the price of one /10 you may want to return it
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

(07-28-2015, 03:56 PM)petesahuttt Wrote: Topps erroneously put 2015 unnumbered parallels into packs. There have been numerous instances of people pulling these. They likely still have collectability but there will be no official claims as to how many of these were released IMO. Be glad you got one but if you paid the price of one /10 you may want to return it
I only paid $8 for it, so I'm not out much.