`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hall of Fame induction day...3 pitchers...Which one was the best?

RE: Hall of Fame induction day...3 pitchers...Which one was the best?
I'd have to go with Pedro too. Johnson was more intimidating and had a few more years in the bigs but I gotta wonder what Pedro's numbers would've been had he played just as long. Smoltz is just a level below those two, more on a level with Glavine whereas Maddux is up there with Pedro and Johnson.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Smoltz gave the best speech, followed by Pedro than Randy (who you can tell was very nervous).
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

The best was Pedro in my opinion. My favorite to watch was Randy. Even though he wasn't a pitcher I thought Biggio had the best speech.

Great comments everyone! It was great to watch all three for their entire careers (yes, I am old..haha.)

Pedro had to be frustrating to face during his prime. He was all knees, elbows, and attitude. A little guy in comparison but still making the juicers look silly. We can't forget the Don Zimmer take down either!

Randy was so much fun to watch against lefties. The McGwire / Johnson battles from 90's were epic. Plus, Randy is the only one to kill a bird in the middle of a game!

Smoltz was probably the most franchise friendly of the three. Twenty years with same ball club, a starter, a closer, and never heard any drama surrounding the guy. Plus he is the first pitcher in the Hall that has had Tommy John surgery.

We need to remember this class. I don't think we will have another like it for a long time.

My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

(07-27-2015, 06:42 PM)jeremy7269 Wrote: Great comments everyone! It was great to watch all three for their entire careers (yes, I am old..haha.)

Pedro had to be frustrating to face during his prime. He was all knees, elbows, and attitude. A little guy in comparison but still making the juicers look silly. We can't forget the Don Zimmer take down either!

Randy was so much fun to watch against lefties. The McGwire / Johnson battles from 90's were epic. Plus, Randy is the only one to kill a bird in the middle of a game!

Smoltz was probably the most franchise friendly of the three. Twenty years with same ball club, a starter, a closer, and never heard any drama surrounding the guy. Plus he is the first pitcher in the Hall that has had Tommy John surgery.

We need to remember this class. I don't think we will have another like it for a long time.
Randy's the only pitcher to kill a bird. Dave Winfield hit a seagull during a game in Toronto and killed it. Actually got arrested after the game for animal cruelty. I completely agree with your last comment btw.