`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What to do??

What to do??
So I saw a J.Brent Cox 4 card lot on eBay. Now right away, I knew the seller was unrealistic cuz he wanted $46 for 2 USA jersey cards, a USA 2-color patch, and an auto #'d to 100. All 4 of those cards probably book for $20 the most and sell for maybe $10. I asked him if he would break up the lot and sell me just the patch card. He messaged me back saying he would for $25. Now I know its a 2-color patch card #'d to 20, but its freaking Brent Cox. He didn't exactly have a HOF worthy career. I dont even know if he made it to the big leagues. Do I ask him to lower the price? Do I explain to him nicely that's he's crazy and will never sell those cards, or just forget it lol?

RE: What to do??
You can ask him to lower his price but ultimately they are his cards and he can ask for whatever price he wants.Weather or not they sell is another story. I would also check and see if this card has sold and the selling price and see if he would sell for same price. Good Luck.
A quick search and only a couple autos of his have sold and all for under 2 bucks.

There's no completed listings for 1. His auto/jersey cards sell for .99 cents

The cards do not look "excellent" per his description.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

Eh, give it a shot and ask him if he's willing to go lower. Don't come off insulting in any way (are you crazy?!) as that'll just make him much less likely to work with you. He might be looking to move it all at once and taking one out will make it more difficult to move the rest (I'm guessing in this instance) so that's why he's going with that price. Just be respectful, kiss a little behind without coming off as desperate, and see what happens. If it doesn't work out, you didn't gain anything but you certainly didn't lose anything either.

Nope, was nice and respectful and told him I'd give him $15 for it (which is about $10 too much), but he declined

(07-22-2015, 09:52 AM)petersj Wrote: Nope, was nice and respectful and told him I'd give him $15 for it (which is about $10 too much), but he declined
Unfortunately, that's his right as the seller. That is one thing that I had make myself agree with when I began PC'ing a single player. There is no card, despite rarity, that will lead to me grossly overpaying.

There are a bunch of people out there who take rare cards and hang them out there for ridiculous values, simply because they are "rare". The matter of fact is that "rare" cards are now dime a dozen, and there are a ton of them I need, so I am fully comfortable picking up a different one that I don't have.

I have had success waiting things out and then re-offering with my price. This sometime takes a month or two before the seller gets sick of having to relist the item, and gets a reality check that there is absolutely no interest at their asking price. It sounds to me like you are making a more than fair offer here. Hopefully he comes to his sense.
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

I know lol. Ud think after re-listing the same lot for 7+yrs, ud think he'd get the idea nobody wants his cards for that price. But he wants what he wants. Good luck to him finding a buyer

I'd just move on.....unless you really are desperate for them.

It's frustrating at times what people (including myself!!!!) think thier cards are worth.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.