`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mickey Mantle auto

Mickey Mantle auto
Opinions. Was asking 100 on ebay and I offered 50 with 10 in shipping and they accepted. Is GIA cert. I have a few cards graded by them when they were still around. Just doesnt seem right though. Any opinions check out the photo. Mantle auto photo

[Image: 2564g7q.png]
Photobucket

RE: Mickey Mantle auto
Doesn't look too bad but his is one of the easier to forge. Send it in. If it comes back legit, you scored. If it doesn't you get your money back.

The fact that they were only asking $100 for a Mantle auto is a red flag to me, then the fact that they accepted $50 is an even bigger flag. Either the person doesn't know the value, or they know it's fake and are willing to take whatever they can get for it. Good luck
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

I always think, that if it is too good to be true, it is to good to be true. Hopefully, we can think that the seller was in need of some quick money and you got a great price. Good luck.

Thanks for the input. Im taking the chance so hopefully it ends up the real deal. I will probably have it sent in to have authenticated
Photobucket

Sometimes you just get a great deal!
Although, one of the most forged autos, it Looks pretty good to me. The 'tle' (of Mantle) doesn't look exactly like mine, but not every auto is exact, nor is it under the same conditions, same surface, same pen, same time, etc, etc.
for $50 you really can't go too wrong. That's like 2 blasters ... You could get 2 boxes of worthless crap, or for $10 more, an auto of The Mick, with a good chance of authenticity? Mantle all the way, baby! IMO!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(07-19-2015, 04:17 PM)djohn Wrote: The fact that they were only asking $100 for a Mantle auto is a red flag to me, then the fact that they accepted $50 is an even bigger flag. Either the person doesn't know the value, or they know it's fake and are willing to take whatever they can get for it. Good luck
I think exactly the same. kind of get whatever you can out of it before someone notices it.

Hope is does come back as the real deal though!! To me it looks good but im certainly no expert.
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

for what you got it for i understand your hesitation but it looks pretty good. heres mine if you want to compare.

[Image: 8ccd600cd0067b9afeb18507af02c286_zpsc49ff23e.jpg]
[Image: banner-2-1.jpg]

(07-23-2015, 01:45 PM)sastahl Wrote: for what you got it for i understand your hesitation but it looks pretty good. heres mine if you want to compare.

[Image: 8ccd600cd0067b9afeb18507af02c286_zpsc49ff23e.jpg]
That's one of the nicest Willie Mays autos I've ever seen!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

thanks everyone for the positivity and other info. I received the card a few days ago. It looks great and is certified. It just depends on if they actually are correct. It says it was cert. in 2007 I think before GAI was sold and became a bunch of scammers and liars in 2009. I will get it sent in eventually to have it checked out
Photobucket