`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Poll: Do you like when other traders add cards for you in a trade?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I prefer to add my own cards in a trade.
97.56%
40 97.56%
I appreciate it when others add them for me.
2.44%
1 2.44%
Total 41 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
A poll for the masses

RE: A poll for the masses
Normallt I only send open offers. I will only fill in the other traders side if I see I have cards they have marked as wants or if it is something a person is asking for on the boards. Seeing what I have, that they may want also gives me an idea of how large a deal we can do.
With that said I have received several trade offers that included EVERY card the trader has marked as available for several hundred of my cards (Kind of sounds similar to what you received). In that case I cancel the trade and send a note telling them what I am willing to trade for.

Scott
50,000+ Red Sox cards and counting.

I always sent open offers, because many times what they picked out was stuff that I was more than happy to get rid of.

I'm kind of the same as Matt and what he said. If I've dealt with the trader before and they know what I'm looking for then I'm usually okay with it. If it's saying, "Hey I saw these as stars on your side would you like to do this?" Not much problem with that either as long as the same type of cards are on there side. As always, communication is a must.

If the offer is solid then I don't mind but silly offers get automatic cancels. I don't like to burn bridges but I've come close a couple of times because of silly offers.
[Image: m5GDmvD.png]

Want List
- 2006 Craig Biggio SP Authentic By the Letter "B" "O"
- 1991 Topps Desert Shield Chipper Jones

I prefer to add my own cards since I have over 50,000 cards marked as want. For the most part I send open offers. I will add cards if they are marked as want by the other trader.
Seattle Mariners super collector
I also collect some Braves players

Top wants
1 Kyle Seager            571 different cards
2 Ken Griffey, Jr.        1,202 different cards
3 Felix Hernandez      772 different cards
4 Hank Aaron            388 different cards
5 Edgar Martinez       540 different cards

(07-14-2015, 11:18 PM)david campos Wrote: I just received a trade offer where another trader picked out 696 cards they want from my organize. In return, they added 239 cards that they added to my side in an effort to even the value of the cards they want from me.

Do you like when others add cards to their side (meaning cards they are willing to trade to you) or do you like searching their organize to add what you are interested in yourself?

There's more to this offer and thread but I want to see what others think before I post the type of cards listed in the offer.
If they are cards you have marked as "want" I see no problem with it. The other trader might not know which of your wants are the highest priority, but they are thoughtful enough to add them in to your side of the trade. Besides if there are other cards you would rather have you can always revise the list and send it back as a counter offer. This is the fun part of trading on here. Each getting somthing they want by haggling with each other on what to give up. It is just like being at a card show.

like most of the other members that have posted in this thread I prefer to pick out the cards I want. There have been a few times that the other trader sent me an offer and added cards for me, but they were some I had marked as wants, which I didn't really mind.
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]

If it's stuff I have marked as wants I don't care. Otherwise I prefer to choose.
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,267 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile

Add me to the list of "if I have it marked as a want fine by me."
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!