`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ryan Mallett????

Ryan Mallett????
I decide to collect Ryan Mallett when the pats drafted him. Thought he had the best arm in that great QB class in 2011. And he really hasn't done much so far is his career (drafted 2011). Yet ebay sellers are still pricing his cards at extremely high prices. Just wanted to know are his BV prices still that high because all I see are ebay prices. I keep seeing auctions going bidless because all these sellers (not just a few, all!!) are pricing his stuff at $20-$50 for base autos and $100-$400 for his highend autos.

Jesus Christ Andy Dalton stuff is half the price and the guy has started since day one and gone to the playoffs. Anyone have any idea why some guys for some reason have such huge prices without any on field stats to show for it???

Been waiting years for his stuff to go down in price, but it hasn't. I don't get it. Is there really that many Ryan Mallett fans like me.

RE: Ryan Mallett????
I think a lot of the price hype is based on conjecture. As to the comparison to Daulton I feel is simple. Mallett is the odds on favorite to be the starter for the Texans for 2015. This is a team with more potential than the Bengals. In 2014 the Texans did not have a steady, solid quarterback, yet finished with only one less win than the Bengals. I think the fact he learned from Brady and Belichick makes the collecting world feel he has the knowledge to become a great QB. Time will tell.

(07-14-2015, 10:17 AM)GoStros Wrote: I think a lot of the price hype is based on conjecture. As to the comparison to Daulton I feel is simple. Mallett is the odds on favorite to be the starter for the Texans for 2015. This is a team with more potential than the Bengals. In 2014 the Texans did not have a steady, solid quarterback, yet finished with only one less win than the Bengals. I think the fact he learned from Brady and Belichick makes the collecting world feel he has the knowledge to become a great QB. Time will tell.
You'd think some of that hype would still be tempered some from what Matt Cassel has done since he was basically in the same position that Mallett was.

(07-14-2015, 10:24 AM)bojesphob Wrote: You'd think some of that hype would still be tempered some from what Matt Cassel has done since he was basically in the same position that Mallett was.
That is far from true. Cassel had great stats but was a 5 loss difference between him and Brady. Card collectors looked at the stats and not that fact. Cassel was a nobody who was destined to be a career backup that the Pats groomed into serviceable. Mallet was a high watched talent that everyone is expecting big things from. As far as the Andy Dalton comparison, Dalton has been unimpressive as a starter and the consensus is he owes AJ Green half his salary of his big contract every year.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.