`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Rose allowed to particapte in all star game

RE: Rose allowed to particapte in all star game
(07-12-2015, 08:20 AM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: I agree with Zep in that his apperance at the AS game is honoring the city and the Reds and no so much about Pete Rose. I could care less if he shows up at anything, but if it makes the fans of Cinnci happy.......

All I know as a baseball fan is that I really admired watching him play and deep in my heart believe that he showed a team that won 100+ games each year from 1976-1978 how to get to the next level and win the WS in 1980. Not the most talented guy and he didn't play a pretty game, but darn, he was a winner, played hard and aggesive and knew what it took to win.

Rules are rules, so if you break them, you gotta pay. For me, there is no gray area, in baseball or in life.

Baseball does need to recognize him as a part of it's history, but not honor him as part of it's past IMO.

My main question/gripe as a collector is why can't he be in newly issued cards or isn't referenced on the back of cards? (I know the answer.....and the POS Pannini offering from a couple of years ago isn't it).

PS...I dislike Pete Rose the person and don't collect him except for stuff issued in a Phillies uniform.
I did pull some Rose relics out of Panini Immaculate last year. Really sharp looking to (Phillies uniform). I think what you'll find for an answer is because of his ban, it carries over to the cards because the MLB issues the license. While Panini doesn't have a license I think they kind of want to tread lightly in hopes of a future license.