`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about ebay

Question about ebay
Is there a way to withdraw a bid on ebay? Without going into great detail, I have a couple of bids on items that I would like to withdraw because I no longer want them. I figure there is someone on here who can answer this. Thanks.

RE: Question about ebay
Based on eBay's guidelines, you cannot retract a bid for that reason. You can retract a bid if you entered in the wrong dollar amount (for example, you entered $500 instead of $50), if the seller changed details in the listing that don't match what was originally being bid on, or if you cannot contact the seller for any reason on questions you have on the listing.

The full details are in the help section on your My Ebay page as well. Hope this helps.
[Image: Dm1XdZF.png]

(07-09-2015, 12:20 PM)ryno8669 Wrote: Based on eBay's guidelines, you cannot retract a bid for that reason. You can retract a bid if you entered in the wrong dollar amount (for example, you entered $500 instead of $50), if the seller changed details in the listing that don't match what was originally being bid on, or if you cannot contact the seller for any reason on questions you have on the listing.

The full details are in the help section on your My Ebay page as well. Hope this helps.
Thanks. That's what I thought.

You can also ask seller to cancel the bid(s).
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

I entered the bids low thinking I would be outbid. So far no luck. But I still have three days for that to happen. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. If I win, I will just turn around and try to sell them.

You use to be able to retract a bid but only allowed just once every 6 months & for reasons like said in posts above about entering wrong amounts & such.
PC=Giancarlo Stanton, Kemp, Longoria, Tulowitzki, Griffey Jr, Pujols, Jeter, Randy Johnson, Helton, Biggio, Bagwell, Chipper Jones, Votto..
I trade for similar cards.

There are many reasons outside of the eBay TOS that people withdraw bids on cards: the bid was just done to drive up the price (i.e. shill bidding), the player was hot and no longer is hot, the player got injured or involved in a scandal (steroids, DUI, domestic violence, criminal activity, etc), or simply the bidder changed his mind about what they wanted in their collection. While it is against the TOS of eBay to retract for any of these reasons, you can technically still retract a bid and just lie about the reason. That being said, it is frowned upon and very unscrupulous to bid on an auction and then withdraw the bid before the auction ends. In fact eBay now tracks the number of bid retractions and shows it in your bid history. I know there are some sellers that will cancel your bids automatically if you have more than a few bid retractions, so it could end up hurting you in the future if you retract bids now.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/