`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2014 Bowman hangar packs

2014 Bowman hangar packs
I bought a 3 pack hangar pack of 2014 Bowman baseball cards and when I opened the packs they all had 3 Bowman cards and the rest were Topps cards. Does anyone know if this is common? I've bought these before and have never seen that.
The Topps cards are 2013 that came in the 2014 Bowman packs.

RE: 2014 Bowman hangar packs
Unfortunately you bought packs that had been searched and returned to the store. When buying from Walmart or Target I always look over the pack to make sure it has not been tampered with because this is very common in big box stores.
[Image: FirstHeltonBanner.jpg]

I Always send extra cards when I trade
Filip Forsberg, Todd Helton, Charlie Blackmon, D.J. LeMahieu, Mikie Mahtook & Ben Paulsen I don't have.

(07-07-2015, 07:13 AM)dspainjr Wrote: Unfortunately you bought packs that had been searched and returned to the store. When buying from Walmart or Target I always look over the pack to make sure it has not been tampered with because this is very common in big box stores.
+1. If I even see so much as a little nick in the wrapper (packs, hangers, blaster and boxes) it goes back on the shelp. Shame for all those whose only option is to use retail in person what the pack searchers do.

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

So somebody bought these, opened them up, put crappy cards back in, resealed them and returned them to the store? That's worthless lol

Yep people are sad that way. Just be aware when buying from retail stores.

(07-07-2015, 02:38 PM)schootay Wrote: So somebody bought these, opened them up, put crappy cards back in, resealed them and returned them to the store? That's worthless lol

Filip Forsberg, Todd Helton, Charlie Blackmon, D.J. LeMahieu, Mikie Mahtook & Ben Paulsen I don't have.

Just learn to be careful. I'd guess most of us have been burned at least once. A couple years ago, I purchased a box that had been searched without seemingly messing up the "This Box Has Been Opened" tape. The store's manager and security weren't much help because I didn't open the box for a few weeks after I bought it, and I was out $60. I was just in that same store a couple weeks ago after a couple years away. Now knowing what to look for, I could see a large percentage of the boxes had been tampered with. I mentioned it to customer service, but I won't know if they're going to do anything about it because I won't be going back.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

I guess I'll just stick to hobby boxes then. Thanks for the help guys.

Don't knock the retail, really good pulls. Just look over the packages when you buy them.

(07-07-2015, 02:58 PM)schootay Wrote: I guess I'll just stick to hobby boxes then. Thanks for the help guys.