`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1996 Playoff Illusion XXXI Spectralusion Dominion

1996 Playoff Illusion XXXI Spectralusion Dominion
Does anyone know how to price 1996 Playoff Illusions XXXI Spectralusion Dominion cards? I have a #100 Brett Favre, and Beckett does not provide a price for it. They have XXXI Spectralusions listed and Spectralusion Dominions listed, but not the combination of both. I know that it's a rare card, and I have found other player's card in this category online, but nothing on Favre. Any suggestions?

RE: 1996 Playoff Illusion XXXI Spectralusion Dominion
The XXXI Spectralusion is the XXXI Spectralusion Dominion card. Its the Super Bowl XXXI die cut with the holographic fireworks in the background. They did not have the XXXI with a square holographic background like the base Spectralusion, so I am assuming Beckett shortened it to save an entire line in the price guide, but never adjusted in the catalog.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

(07-06-2015, 06:04 AM)Marinocollector Wrote: The XXXI Spectralusion is the XXXI Spectralusion Dominion card. Its the Super Bowl XXXI die cut with the holographic fireworks in the background. They did not have the XXXI with a square holographic background like the base Spectralusion, so I am assuming Beckett shortened it to save an entire line in the price guide, but never adjusted in the catalog.
I concur, and this also brings up one of my peeves with Beckett. Which is when they change how a card/set is listed for no reason other than to save ink in the printed guide.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

I cant see a notable difference in the alstott cards since they are all diecut except the base and the only way to tell is to turn it over and read the bottom left corner. The playoff illusions XXXI, playoff illusions XXXI Spectralusion & Playoff illusions XXXI Spectralusion Dominion can be told that way. NOW as far non Rc's in the set im NOT sure. Each of the set I mentioned above might not exist for some players.
Yes I was correct brett favre 1996 playoff illusions spectralusion dominion #100 books $80! Make sure the bottom left says dominion!!!
*** - Super Collecting The Following - ***
Baseball - Toronto Blue Jays (1977-Current) Currently High on Vlad jr, Cavan Biggio, Austin Martin - But love all Jays in Unifrom!
Football - Carnell "Cadillac" Williams, Jeff George
Basketball - Shawn Kemp!

(07-06-2015, 06:04 AM)Marinocollector Wrote: The XXXI Spectralusion is the XXXI Spectralusion Dominion card. Its the Super Bowl XXXI die cut with the holographic fireworks in the background. They did not have the XXXI with a square holographic background like the base Spectralusion, so I am assuming Beckett shortened it to save an entire line in the price guide, but never adjusted in the catalog.
+1 spot on. They are pretty rare... I've heard PR of 5, but I think more like 20.

#1 on the PSA Registry Marino Master set
* Always buying ANY reasonably priced Marino card(s) I don't already have *
-- WANT LIST LINK --

(07-06-2015, 11:30 AM)yabbiballcards Wrote: I cant see a notable difference in the alstott cards since they are all diecut except the base and the only way to tell is to turn it over and read the bottom left corner. The playoff illusions XXXI, playoff illusions XXXI Spectralusion & Playoff illusions XXXI Spectralusion Dominion can be told that way. NOW as far non Rc's in the set im NOT sure. Each of the set I mentioned above might not exist for some players.
Yes I was correct brett favre 1996 playoff illusions spectralusion dominion #100 books $80! Make sure the bottom left says dominion!!!
Hate to be that guy, but you are off.... All 120 cards in the set can be found in the following 5 versions...

Base - Solid foil, no holographic effects in background

Spectralusion Elite- Has a repeated, square holofoil background on the front. Under the team name on the back states "Spectralusion Elite"

Spectralusion Dominion - The rarest of the 5 versions. Has a fireworks holographic background and states "Spectralusion Dominion" on the back under the team name.

3XI - Has a die-cut XXXI top and a picture of the Super Dome in its solid foil, non-holographic background. Has a different back than the base card and has 3XI in the bottom left corner

3XI Spectralusion (Dominion) - Has a die-cut XXXI top and a picture of the Super Dome with the holographic fireworks in the background. Has a different back than the base card and has 3XI Spectralusion Dominion in the bottom left corner.

As far as scarcity, the Spectralusion Dominion is the rarest followed by the 3XI SD.... the other 3 are fairly common. Although they do not pop up for sale often, I would imagine they are much more plentiful than today's limited release standards, as this product was issued via hobby and retail with no exclusive content to either. The most limited 1996 Playoff release is definitely the Contenders Leather Accents, and those have an assumed print run of 25-50. I would guess 75-125 of the Spectralusion Dominion and 150-200 of the 3XI SD.

PS... Alstott was a RC in this series.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.
Wink 
I knowing been a while since you posted, but I happened to find a 1996 Playoff illusions Spectralusion Dominion Reggie White fireworks.Marinocollector Wrote:Hate to be that guy, but you are off.... All 120 cards in the set can be found in the following 5 versions...

Base - Solid foil, no holographic effects in background

Spectralusion Elite- Has a repeated, square holofoil background on the front. Under the team name on the back states "Spectralusion Elite"

Spectralusion Dominion - The rarest of the 5 versions. Has a fireworks holographic background and states "Spectralusion Dominion" on the back under the team name.

3XI - Has a die-cut XXXI top and a picture of the Super Dome in its solid foil, non-holographic background. Has a different back than the base card and has 3XI in the bottom left corner

3XI Spectralusion (Dominion) -  Has a die-cut XXXI top and a picture of the Super Dome with the holographic fireworks in the background. Has a different back than the base card and has 3XI Spectralusion Dominion in the bottom left corner.

As far as scarcity, the Spectralusion Dominion is the rarest followed by the 3XI SD.... the other 3 are fairly common. Although they do not pop up for sale often, I would imagine they are much more plentiful than today's limited release standards, as this product was issued via hobby and retail with no exclusive content to either. The most limited 1996 Playoff release is definitely the Contenders Leather Accents, and those have an assumed print run of 25-50. I would guess 75-125 of the Spectralusion Dominion and 150-200 of the 3XI SD.

PS... Alstott was a RC in this series.