`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gretzky Auto...Real, Fake or AutoPen?? Help!

Gretzky Auto...Real, Fake or AutoPen?? Help!
Bumped into an old box of stuff from the 90's (remember those days??) up in the parents attic. I came across an old Gretzky auto I acquired somewhere along the way. My question is does it look real, fake or autopen??

[Image: GretzAuto_zps2kelutzz.jpg]

Thanks in advance for the opinions.

RE: Gretzky Auto...Real, Fake or AutoPen?? Help!
Personally, I think that it is not real. Gretzky would not stop halfway down the starting point of the W in his first name. Also, I have never seen one with the little swoop to cross the T. I do t like the look of it myself.

Now, I am no expert, but I am very good at forging autographs and studying them. Don't worry, I would NEVER do anything unethical. I used to study Wayne Gretzky's auto-among others-and know that there are a couple of errors in this one. He usually makes a little tweak with each auto, so that no two are exactly the same, but I just feel that the hesitation in the first letter of the auto speaks out.

Just my thoughts, but I am hoping that it is real. Best wishes!

Randi

Looks like an autopen signature to me.

Totally agree about the "W" and he never writes Wayne that clearly.

I have zero credibility in the Autograph world, but I took an interest in this for some reason, and I found enough examples that would make me maybe be send it in the get checked:

[Image: s-l1000.jpg]

[Image: %24_57.JPG]

They look close...
Looking for:
2012 Total Memorabilia Tony Stewart Melting
TripleĀ 1/1
Quad 1/1
Jumbo 1/1
Hot Rod Relics 1/1

05 Studio Portraits Bob Feller (45/56, 80% complete)

I collect Tony Stewart, Bob Feller, Steve Yzerman, Victor Martinez.

www.dunnere.weebly.com

Thanks for all the opinions. Not really sure what to do at this point? My first impression was fake/autopen, but it might be worth a shot to send it in to authenticate. Now I found a second Gretzky auto in another box! This one is in rougher shape from years of Florida attic heat. Any thoughts on this one!

[Image: GretzkyAuto2_zpsz6ujezky.jpg]

Send them in for authentication. If they're real, your investment will be worth it; if they're not, your mind will be put at ease. Just let us know what you find out!
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.