`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not understanding show calendar. Help from the pros?

Not understanding show calendar. Help from the pros?
Hi people,

Long time lurker, first time poster! I am interested in having a couple of cards graded "on site". Looking at the Beckett show calendar, I'm not fully understanding services offered. I see something that says "Magazine For" with values of "BBCM,BHK,BSCM" and the like. Do any of these mean that Beckett will be on staff to perform grading? If not, how can I tell which shows Beckett will be grading at? I am located in Tampa btw!

Thank you!

Travis

RE: Not understanding show calendar. Help from the pros?
If Beckett is at a show in your area they will perform raw card reviews. They will grade your card as they would if you sent it to Texas to be graded, only it will be placed in a semi rigid plastic sleeve with a sticker sealing the top and displaying the grade as well as the auto grade if applicable. You can then choose to send it back with them and have it encased (saving shipping fees and guaranteeing the grade) or take it with you in the semi rigid holder. If you do the latter and decided to send it in at a later date, they may not honor the grade given to it prior.

(06-28-2015, 09:24 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: If Beckett is at a show in your area they will perform raw card reviews. They will grade your card as they would if you sent it to Texas to be graded, only it will be placed in a semi rigid plastic sleeve with a sticker sealing the top and displaying the grade as well as the auto grade if applicable. You can then choose to send it back with them and have it encased (saving shipping fees and guaranteeing the grade) or take it with you in the semi rigid holder. If you do the latter and decided to send it in at a later date, they may not honor the grade given to it prior.
Thank you for the reply. To that end though; how can I tell if Beckett will be at a show to perform grading? Are they able to grade cards that have already been graded by another grader like PSA? I have a Hank Aaron rookie graded many years ago by PSA, and have have several folks I know tell me that it would grade higher from PSA or BVG nowadays, and am curious to try that out.

Here is a list of events in Florida for JSA which I believe is affiliated with Beckett. Hope this may help.

http://www.spenceloa.com/Events
PC=Giancarlo Stanton, Kemp, Longoria, Tulowitzki, Griffey Jr, Pujols, Jeter, Randy Johnson, Helton, Biggio, Bagwell, Chipper Jones, Votto..
I trade for similar cards.

(06-28-2015, 09:42 PM)trega10 Wrote: Thank you for the reply. To that end though; how can I tell if Beckett will be at a show to perform grading? Are they able to grade cards that have already been graded by another grader like PSA? I have a Hank Aaron rookie graded many years ago by PSA, and have have several folks I know tell me that it would grade higher from PSA or BVG nowadays, and am curious to try that out.
Beckett has a show calendar. Whatever dates are on that calender they will be grading at.

To the PSA '54 Hank Aaron, leave it in the PSA case. Even if it did grade higher it does not mean it would be worth more. Vintage Beckett usually sells for 70%-80% of same grade PSA slabbed cards. There are some exceptions, but not many. It has been my experience that BVG is far more critical in their grading process than PSA so the chances of you getting a higher grade are very slim. Of course there's always the possibility when trying to get cards crossed over that you get a lesser grade the second time around.

As a show promoter, when I put my dates into Beckett, that gives me the option of being listed in various magazines which are Baseball. Hockey and Sports Collectibles. That is the reason for the different mags in the show calendar

Rich
Plano, Tx. Card Show #7, Sunday March 5, 2017 from 9 AM to 4 PM at Adat Chaverim (Northeast Corner Independence and Spring Creek) in Plano Tx.

Travis, I am going to be the new Sales Rep for the Central Region of the US. I can give you the rep for your area if you would like.

To find out which shows BGS will be at with all the services that will be provided, just go to http://www.beckett.com/grading page and there is a box that says "Upcoming BGS Shows" and that will show you where we will be at in the near future.

If you have any other questions or comments, please email me at dficken@beckett.com.

(06-28-2015, 09:07 PM)trega10 Wrote: Hi people,

Long time lurker, first time poster! I am interested in having a couple of cards graded "on site". Looking at the Beckett show calendar, I'm not fully understanding services offered. I see something that says "Magazine For" with values of "BBCM,BHK,BSCM" and the like. Do any of these mean that Beckett will be on staff to perform grading? If not, how can I tell which shows Beckett will be grading at? I am located in Tampa btw!

Thank you!

Travis