This may be a silly question, but how do you tell the difference between:

2004-05 UD Legends Classics #79 Wayne Gretzky
2004-05 UD Legends Classics Gold #79 Wayne Gretzky
2004-05 UD Legends Classics Gold #79 Wayne Gretzky SER
2004-05 UD Legends Classics Platinum #79 Wayne Gretzky
2004-05 UD Legends Classics Platinum #79 Wayne Gretzky SER
2004-05 UD Legends Classics Silver #79 Wayne Gretzky
2004-05 UD Legends Classics Silver #79 Wayne Gretzky SER

I would think that the SER has a serial number, even though I cannot seem to find a legend, but how do you tell the difference between Gold, Platinum, Silver, and the very basic first one?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: It's not exactly just this card specifically, but in general when they have different listings for Gold, Platinum, etc. that I'm trying to figure out how to find the difference between them.

RE: Card Differences
(06-27-2015, 04:19 PM)prfd231 Wrote: This may be a silly question, but how do you tell the difference between:

2004-05 UD Legends Classics #79 Wayne Gretzky
2004-05 UD Legends Classics Gold #79 Wayne Gretzky
2004-05 UD Legends Classics Gold #79 Wayne Gretzky SER
2004-05 UD Legends Classics Platinum #79 Wayne Gretzky
2004-05 UD Legends Classics Platinum #79 Wayne Gretzky SER
2004-05 UD Legends Classics Silver #79 Wayne Gretzky
2004-05 UD Legends Classics Silver #79 Wayne Gretzky SER

I would think that the SER has a serial number, even though I cannot seem to find a legend, but how do you tell the difference between Gold, Platinum, Silver, and the very basic first one?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: It's not exactly just this card specifically, but in general when they have different listings for Gold, Platinum, etc. that I'm trying to figure out how to find the difference between them.
Not sure where you are seeing gold, platinum ,and silver versions that are NOT SER.

The color refers to the border line around the edges of the card-- gold -- silver- and holo

golds numbered to /25
silvers numbered to /75
platinums have a holographic look to the edge and are /10

(06-29-2015, 12:19 AM)hckydv7 Wrote: Not sure where you are seeing gold, platinum ,and silver versions that are NOT SER.

The color refers to the border line around the edges of the card-- gold -- silver- and holo

golds numbered to /25
silvers numbered to /75
platinums have a holographic look to the edge and are /10
I did a copy and paste from the Beckett search, but regardless the information I was seeking is essentially on the colors. So those colors are talking about the edges? Is that always the case? Or is it sometimes a logo on the card somewhere that is a different color? Such as the specific series (ie: Lasting Impressions SP, Between the Pipes, etc)? Thanks for your help!

What makes a card a parallel varies from set to set. Not always about edges. Sometimes the whole card is a different color.

(07-06-2015, 04:26 PM)hckydv7 Wrote: What makes a card a parallel varies from set to set. Not always about edges. Sometimes the whole card is a different color.
Exactly. When it's hard to tell, though, I sometimes feel like the card company didn't even make a worthwhile effort to take my money.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

One thing that drives me crazy about parallels (adding to what jonathani said) is when all they do is change the numbers. they have pararels that are the EXACT same card and the only difference, the ONLY difference is a numbered. 1/1 , 1/10, 1/100 i mean c'mon. at least change the card somewhat. color the boarders or something. make me feel like you put the effort in.
Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches