`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 Contenders Draft picks blasters

RE: 2015 Contenders Draft picks blasters
Yeah, I guess you're right. I had fun with it though. Panini is just solidifying it's stranglehold on the hobby. Flooding with it with junk. As long as we keep buying, they'll keep producing, so I guess we do it to ourselves lol.

(07-15-2015, 05:41 PM)savagenate Wrote: Yeah, I guess you're right. I had fun with it though. Panini is just solidifying it's stranglehold on the hobby. Flooding with it with junk. As long as we keep buying, they'll keep producing, so I guess we do it to ourselves lol.
Indeed, vote with your $s

(07-15-2015, 11:48 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: I picked up some of the blasters - it looks like the autographs in them are almost entirely undrafted players or 7th round picks. I think I got the exact same Kenny Hillard card.

If you are fine with having almost zero odds of getting a good autograph, its a fine value

But it seems that Panini is trying to target Sage Hit and Leaf with these - and that is terrible news for collectors because that makes it clear that Panini doesn't even want to compete with unlicensed companies in the football card market.
For the retail stuff, absolutely. I believe that the retail blasters don't contain any of the bigger name autos. But, if I remember correctly, hobby was where it was at for 2015 Collegiate Contenders.

It may be a decent value if you are buying them with the intention of giving the cards to kids who may destroy them by going through them all the time. I won't be buying this or the College Prizm. I've seen a number of Jordy Nelson college prizm on eBay and while I've thought about getting a few of them, I always stop and think about the fact there are a lot of pro cards I still want of his (that and I'll be trying for the rainbow for 2015 NFL prizm when it comes out!).

(07-16-2015, 12:43 PM)bojesphob Wrote: For the retail stuff, absolutely. I believe that the retail blasters don't contain any of the bigger name autos. But, if I remember correctly, hobby was where it was at for 2015 Collegiate Contenders.

It may be a decent value if you are buying them with the intention of giving the cards to kids who may destroy them by going through them all the time. I won't be buying this or the College Prizm. I've seen a number of Jordy Nelson college prizm on eBay and while I've thought about getting a few of them, I always stop and think about the fact there are a lot of pro cards I still want of his (that and I'll be trying for the rainbow for 2015 NFL prizm when it comes out!).
Haha, I agree. The only guys I'd grab would be Burfict and Abbrederis if they had cards in it. I might think about Rodgers, but I have so many of his rainbows I am working on already lol

Sweet Pulls
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

(07-16-2015, 12:43 PM)bojesphob Wrote: For the retail stuff, absolutely. I believe that the retail blasters don't contain any of the bigger name autos. But, if I remember correctly, hobby was where it was at for 2015 Collegiate Contenders.

I am concerned that Panini isn't doing prizm this year. I haven't seen anything showing a release date. Hopefully I am just missing something

(07-21-2015, 12:50 PM)alstott9adams Wrote: Sweet Pulls
Thanks!

(07-27-2015, 06:25 PM)diablo71 Wrote: I am concerned that Panini isn't doing prizm this year. I haven't seen anything showing a release date. Hopefully I am just missing something
That would be strange if they didn't...it's basically their "Chrome", though they could definitely spruce it up with a few more decent autos. The autos I've seen or gotten out of those boxes are completely worthless a good chunk of the time.

(07-27-2015, 06:25 PM)diablo71 Wrote: I am concerned that Panini isn't doing prizm this year. I haven't seen anything showing a release date. Hopefully I am just missing something
I would be severely upset if they didn't do an NFL version of Prizm this year! The college stuff I'm just not interested in, and they need to do it this year so I can have another mostly complete rainbow of Jordy Nelson!