`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Restructuring my collection, trading this weekend

RE: Restructuring my collection, trading this weekend
I've actually been sending a lot of unsolicited trade offers out there and it seems a lot of the guys with the most cards are just not interested in trading.

The high rollers are looking for the top shelf stuff.

There are about 10-20 guys who seem to do most of the trading.

All of the low end guys took off because they aren't going to be able to afford the opg and organize for the kind of stuff they were putting in.

And countless other people left last year when the price hikes took effect because they figured they weren't trading enough to warrant paying.

So ya, nobody wants to hear the negative but I just had a Derek Jeter autograph sitting on this board for a good week and only one person made a serious offer. If that doesn't tell you anything I don't know what will.

When I used to have that card up for trade, it must have gotten 50 offers.

Jeter may not be Trout, Harper or Bryant right now but he is still one of the most collectible autographs.

So I know a lot of people don't want to hear complaints but the lack of trading isn't going to fix itself.
Did you check out how few people have posted on the trade thread this weekend?

This isn't the middle of the winter. We are coming up on the All Star Break.
The trade activity should be bustling.

When I see something wrong, I talk about it.

Maybe in the world you live in, you turn away from negative news and hope it gets better on its own.

If we just "stay positive" everything will work itself out.

I don't live in fairy tale land.

Most of us who have been on the board for a while know this site is not what it used to be, it is far from it.

Those of us who have been trading three years or more can testify to that.

Things needs to pick up. Most of us agree on that.

Beckett needs to entice more customers and bring back old ones. Most of us seem to agree on that.

I think there may be some recent effort, but it hasn't been enough

(06-28-2015, 04:49 PM)natejeffries Wrote: I've actually been sending a lot of unsolicited trade offers out there and it seems a lot of the guys with the most cards are just not interested in trading.

The high rollers are looking for the top shelf stuff.

There are about 10-20 guys who seem to do most of the trading.

All of the low end guys took off because they aren't going to be able to afford the opg and organize for the kind of stuff they were putting in.

And countless other people left last year when the price hikes took effect because they figured they weren't trading enough to warrant paying.

So ya, nobody wants to hear the negative but I just had a Derek Jeter autograph sitting on this board for a good week and only one person made a serious offer. If that doesn't tell you anything I don't know what will.

When I used to have that card up for trade, it must have gotten 50 offers.

Jeter may not be Trout, Harper or Bryant right now but he is still one of the most collectible autographs.

So I know a lot of people don't want to hear complaints but the lack of trading isn't going to fix itself.
Did you check out how few people have posted on the trade thread this weekend?

This isn't the middle of the winter. We are coming up on the All Star Break.
The trade activity should be bustling.

When I see something wrong, I talk about it.

Maybe in the world you live in, you turn away from negative news and hope it gets better on its own.

If we just "stay positive" everything will work itself out.

I don't live in fairy tale land.

Most of us who have been on the board for a while know this site is not what it used to be, it is far from it.

Those of us who have been trading three years or more can testify to that.

Things needs to pick up. Most of us agree on that.

Beckett needs to entice more customers and bring back old ones. Most of us seem to agree on that.

I think there may be some recent effort, but it hasn't been enough
Speaking of "snarky" comments, implying that I live in fairy tale land seems pretty snarky lol.
[Image: image.jpg]

Ok that wasn't meant to be snarky but the whole "think positive," "avoid negative" just doesn't work for me and it was meant to make a point in a slightly humorous way without offending anybody's sensibilities.

(06-28-2015, 04:57 PM)Dub24rollin Wrote: Speaking of "snarky" comments, implying that I live in fairy tale land seems pretty snarky lol.

I don't mind the negativity as long as it is warranted. If you want to complain that a box/case break was lousy go ahead as long as it is fair review. I find it informative and it may help me make a decision on what to buy and what to stay away from. If you complain that your box/case break was lousy because you didn't get a Kris Bryant RC Auto or Babe Ruth Auto you are just being an unrealistic jerk and you may consider another hobby or at least taking a break. Topps isn't putting anything else out that interest me the rest of the year so after my OPG runs out next month I am walking away til next year. As far as trading goes I think the trades are out there but you have to work harder to get them done like others have said. What is pissing me off with trading is people who send me a trade offer and I counteroffer and then they never respond again. Sorry for the long reply Smile

I tried, but some people just aren't happy unless they're complaining. Enjoy that.
Kepler