`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seriously...how lazy is Topps?

RE: Seriously...how lazy is Topps?
Sorry everyone, didn't mean to get others in an argument by any means! I'm just wondering if a collector from San Diego, who obviously would have been stoked to see them make so many moves this offseason, would be disappointed to see the new additions not in Padre uniforms at this point in the season. I, personally, love Stadium Club as a product, it just irked me that they that they couldn't get a new photo given the time frame. I know I might be in the minority on this, but just thought I'd see what others thought.

Problem solved!!

[Image: 1985_opc_oliver.JPG]
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

My subscription ends in July, so I will be gone soon enough. And do you take all criticism as negativity? It was not directed at you, it was just your opinion, I thought I mentioned that. And I love collecting, its just unfortunate I collect Topps because I HAVE to rather than because I WANT to. Oh, and Panini rules....

I don't get it. Why do you HAVE to?

Oh, I hated these cards. As a team set collector, I wasn't sure if I needed the players in uniform or the players in a different uniform but with the team name and logo at the bottom. These made team collecting difficult.

I have since decided to drop the OPCs from my team set collection since I could never figure out which way to go.

(06-26-2015, 10:03 AM)rmpaq5 Wrote: Problem solved!!

[Image: 1985_opc_oliver.JPG]

(06-26-2015, 10:42 AM)Hofcollector Wrote: I don't get it. Why do you HAVE to?
Because most of what is on the market, and especially what sells is Topps. I know I am in the minority liking Panini. It is frustrating, and gives me an opportunity to complain, but the way it is. Collect on!

(06-26-2015, 10:06 AM)wickercat Wrote: My subscription ends in July, so I will be gone soon enough. And do you take all criticism as negativity? It was not directed at you, it was just your opinion, I thought I mentioned that. And I love collecting, its just unfortunate I collect Topps because I HAVE to rather than because I WANT to. Oh, and Panini rules....
Oh, now I get it ... you weren't criticizing me, just my opinion. Totally different things.

Well then, by all means go ahead and continue complaining about Beckett and Topps, since they both obviously have a gun to your MAKING you continue collecting.
(06-26-2015, 08:57 AM)madamson Wrote: Sorry everyone, didn't mean to get others in an argument by any means! I'm just wondering if a collector from San Diego, who obviously would have been stoked to see them make so many moves this offseason, would be disappointed to see the new additions not in Padre uniforms at this point in the season. I, personally, love Stadium Club as a product, it just irked me that they that they couldn't get a new photo given the time frame. I know I might be in the minority on this, but just thought I'd see what others thought.
It wasn't anything you did, some people around here just love to ***** and moan about everything.

All I was trying to say is that by not having players in their updated uniforms, it means they've actually put some production time into this product. Plus, with the throwback photos it could easily be a creative decision - kind of a shout out to Stadium Club's past when it actually wasn't an option to rush photos into production for a set. Not a definitive answer, but a possibility.

Also, IMO much better to go with a Braves photo than to Photoshop him into a Padres uniform. He'll have plenty of those to come in the rest of Topps' product line to satisfy Padres fans everywhere.
Kepler

The name of the thread is how lazy is Topps? I think they need better product, will I stop collecting because of it? No. Guess I should have left it at that. Alas, I will miss the Beckett community where everything is so personal.

(06-25-2015, 11:47 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: Sorry my opinion differs from yours. But I've been pretty critical of Topps. And just recently.

Weren't you leaving Beckett just the other day? What happened to that plan?

Seriously, the negativity of some of the people on this site is just ridiculous. If everything sucks, then get out of the hobby. Good God.
Well said Jared, I was about to say something myself.
[Image: PIpbkRH.png]

Also collecting the top prospects for the Sox.
I never threw an illegal pitch. The trouble is, once in a while I toss one that ain't never been seen by this generation. — Satchel Paige
Special thanks to jbel for the sweet sig!