`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: How are your prospects looking?

OT: How are your prospects looking?
If your a Twins fan, today is a pretty good day for prospects.

Alex Meyer is getting the call to the bigs. The good news is that it's after a pretty dominating stretch. The bad news is that that dominating stretch has come as a reliever. Also, it comes at the expense of another young guy (Michael Tonkin), rather than pretty terrible veterans (Brian Deunsing, Aaron Thompson and Blayne Boyer).

Jose Berrios and Max Kepler (sadly, I fear this will mean my secret favorite will be no longer be a secret) have been named to the Futures Game.

The fact that Miguel Sano isn't playing in the Futures Game - combined with the fact that the Twins have been carrying 13 pitchers for a few weeks - make me wonder if he'll be heading north now that the Southern League All-Star game has passed.
Kepler

RE: OT: How are your prospects looking?
Aaron Nola and JP Crawford are doing great for the Phils. Nola may make an appearance in the show later this summer...Crawford is at least another full season away. Other than that, my "prospects" have moved up already and are doing pretty good.....Bryant and Franco (who I actually met a couple weeks ago at the Phillies ALS charity event and got him to sign a 2015 GQ RC card. I actually have 3 "offical" ones that I ether pulled or got in case breaks). Franco was pretty funny when I asked him if he was tired of signing cards....he rolled his eyes, shook his head and let out a sigh. Awesome guy. Damm he has some strong hands as I thought he crushed mine shaking it. Sorry for going off....LOL.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Hey Jared -
Since you're the resident Twins prospect expert..... Lewin Diaz.... ready: Go! What do you think his trajectory will be? I've read some about him this year , and is interesting to say the least.
Looking for Kris Bryant colors, Goldy rookies, Correa rookies, Joc rookies and other prospects and rookie autos!

Not sure if you can call Joe Panik a prospect any more after last year, but he looks pretty darn good!

I've also been hoarding Lance McCullers and Carlos Correa cards, so that's looking good as well.

Looking for all cards from these guys I don't have!
[Image: tPSNwfV.png]

(06-25-2015, 06:35 PM)dmbcrush22 Wrote: Hey Jared -
Since you're the resident Twins prospect expert..... Lewin Diaz.... ready: Go! What do you think his trajectory will be? I've read some about him this year , and is interesting to say the least.
I don't know a ton about him, actually. It's pretty hard to track the Dominican Summer League through anything but box scores.

But given the few things I've read/heard, he's young and raw, it doesn't seem like he's got much positional flexibility - 1B/DH-type all the way.

Overall, his DSL numbers weren't too terribly impressive. Although he does appear to have some power and the ability to draw some walks. And that's a combo that you can't teach.

From that, if I were to guess, I'd say he'll be an under-the-radar type of guy that if he fills out and his power progresses could end up like Kennys Vargas.

That's a lot of guessing though. He's tall, but not heavy, so maybe he'll be able to improve his defense or add some flexibility.

I think he's at Elizabethtown this year, so hopefully we'll hear a bit more about him.
Kepler

Thanks for the notes was maybe going to take a flier on one of those under armor bowman prospect cards or a leaf auto of his and was going back and forth on it. Seems like there will be time even if his stock rises so thanks for the insight. Being a life time Brewers fan I am in admiration of the twins and the Cubs and how they built their systems instead of how the Brewers shot themselves in the foot year after year being a fringe contender and not taking the time to build the system. So how are my prospects doing? Shoot I don't think we have any so I am reserved to watching Buxton, Sano, Bryant, Soler, Baez, Addison Russell, all around the area lol.
Looking for Kris Bryant colors, Goldy rookies, Correa rookies, Joc rookies and other prospects and rookie autos!

(06-25-2015, 08:09 PM)dmbcrush22 Wrote: Thanks for the notes was maybe going to take a flier on one of those under armor bowman prospect cards or a leaf auto of his and was going back and forth on it. Seems like there will be time even if his stock rises so thanks for the insight. Being a life time Brewers fan I am in admiration of the twins and the Cubs and how they built their systems instead of how the Brewers shot themselves in the foot year after year being a fringe contender and not taking the time to build the system. So how are my prospects doing? Shoot I don't think we have any so I am reserved to watching Buxton, Sano, Bryant, Soler, Baez, Addison Russell, all around the area lol.
He should still be going for low enough prices that it wouldn't be a bad buy. Better to buy low than wait a little too long.
Kepler

(06-25-2015, 06:57 PM)SF_Giants_2014 Wrote: Not sure if you can call Joe Panik a prospect any more after last year, but he looks pretty darn good!

I've also been hoarding Lance McCullers and Carlos Correa cards, so that's looking good as well.
Panik has been solid. Definitely cementing his place as middle infielder for the Giants for the foreseeable future. I've also been excited about Matt Duffy and Andrew Susac. I wish Susac had more playing time and Duffy more cardboard...

The guy I've been super excited about has been Cody Anderson (starting pitcher for the Indians). A kid that grew up just down the street from me. He's been dominating in AA and AAA this year and finally got the call up last Sunday. He shut down Tampa and now faces Baltimore on Saturday. So if any of you have any Cody Anderson to trade look me up!

I don't get into prospects too much but my teams best young guys aren't doing so hot. Jake Lamb has cooled off quite a bit, Archie Bradley hasn't been the same since being hit by a line drive, and they just traded our number one pick of last year in a salary dump move.
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

(06-25-2015, 10:32 PM)JRMdawg311 Wrote: Panik has been solid. Definitely cementing his place as middle infielder for the Giants for the foreseeable future. I've also been excited about Matt Duffy and Andrew Susac. I wish Susac had more playing time and Duffy more cardboard...

The guy I've been super excited about has been Cody Anderson (starting pitcher for the Indians). A kid that grew up just down the street from me. He's been dominating in AA and AAA this year and finally got the call up last Sunday. He shut down Tampa and now faces Baltimore on Saturday. So if any of you have any Cody Anderson to trade look me up!
Yes, More Susac! I saw they moved Belt to the outfield the other day, so Posey could handle first and Susac could catch. I think that's a good move. Posey with the 2 slams in 5 days was awesome as well!!

Looking for all cards from these guys I don't have!
[Image: tPSNwfV.png]