`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why doesnt BGS have an app?

Why doesnt BGS have an app?
At least an APP for the registry or for the population report. PSA doesnt have one either, why not???
Wanted: any 1989 Upper Deck cards graded 9.5 across the board or better.

RE: Why doesnt BGS have an app?
(06-24-2015, 09:58 AM)cardariffic Wrote: At least an APP for the registry or for the population report. PSA doesn't have one either, why not???
I know I'm in the extreme minority. Because of my disability, I don't have an iPhone or anything like that.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

I've been wondering this for some time. I know I've needed it at the card shop or at a show to see whether I have a card or not or to check on Beckett book value. Beckett made some statement a while back about changing collecting with technology, so now is the time to step up. If they want to gain traction with younger collectors, it's an absolute must.
Twitter: @Coimbre21 - Collecting Carl Yastrzemski Topps, Jimmie Foxx, 1966 Topps Venezuelan, 2010 Topps Tribute HOF Relics & Autos, L.A. Rams Autos

I've actually had to log into the OPG from my phone before because a dealer (in a flea market) was trying to hustle me on a card he's never seen before. "It's GOT to be worth $40, $50 dollars even!" I wandered off since I was having issues with 3G in a building and finally was able to search the card and pull it up. $2.50 Beckett High BV.

I showed it to him when I went back to his area and he said he didn't believe me. I know it's just a guide, but it is handy in those cases, and an app would be a lot more convenient than having to manually go through the web browser.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

I agree with you. The coin graders have one I know. I do all my checklisting on what cards I have and what I need on my Ipad. There's a nice little app for this.

I guess my point is, Beckett had f***ed up the registry and stuff, let's get that stuff fixed first, then get an app.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

Yeah, they do offer an APP for the price guide, but who really uses that anymore...lol I stopped using BECKETT as a price guide since I realized the current value of cards is much easier and more precise to look up on EBAYS finished and sold listings. As well as being peeved that the 2012 release of the GRADED cards price guide has never been followed up with a more complete and up to date guide. It makes my heart heavy to think how much better Beckett could be doing. Also, on the online population report, if they listed exactly how many there are of the precise subgraded gradings of each card, the values of a 9.5 with four 9.5 subgrades or with a 10 or two would be much higher knowing just how scarce these gradings actually are. This is why I rarely buy a card that doesnt have the overall grade or better in every subcategory. One day Beckett will release this information as promised and these superior grades will show their true scarcity value. Ahhhh, ONE DAY! This seems to be the BGS collectors slogan...ONE DAY!! lolololol

(06-26-2015, 10:40 AM)cardariffic Wrote: Yeah, they do offer an APP for the price guide, but who really uses that anymore...lol I stopped using BECKETT as a price guide since I realized the current value of cards is much easier and more precise to look up on EBAYS finished and sold listings. As well as being peeved that the 2012 release of the GRADED cards price guide has never been followed up with a more complete and up to date guide. It makes my heart heavy to think how much better Beckett could be doing. Also, on the online population report, if they listed exactly how many there are of the precise subgraded gradings of each card, the values of a 9.5 with four 9.5 subgrades or with a 10 or two would be much higher knowing just how scarce these gradings actually are. This is why I rarely buy a card that doesnt have the overall grade or better in every subcategory. One day Beckett will release this information as promised and these superior grades will show their true scarcity value. Ahhhh, ONE DAY! This seems to be the BGS collectors slogan...ONE DAY!! lolololol
I can't understand this, if a card is overall graded a 9.5, why does it make such a big difference as to the subgrades??? If one card is graded a 9.5 with two 10 subgrades, why is that more valuable than a card with one 10 subgrade and 3 9.5? This is where I've had problems (longer ago) with trading. Someone was trying to con me that a card with 2 subgrades of 10 was worth much more than a 9.5 with no tens. They're both still graded 9.5 and I WILL NOT pay a premium for 2 10 subgrades. I wish you would help me out on the difference. Thank you.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

I know from personal experience that if a 9.5 overall grade has a 9 centering grade the price is much less than the same card with a 9.5 centering grade. For example I bought a 9.5 '82 Fleer Ripken RC with the 9 centering and got it for around $500 when the better sub-grades were selling double that at the time.

Registry point wise four sub-grades of 9.5 equals a 9.6

Two 9.5 and two 10's for sub-grades equals 9.65 in Registry points

Therefore most cards with better sub-grades command a higher price ebay wise than your basic 9.5 That's what I have noticed buying most of my collection over the last several years.

(06-27-2015, 03:35 PM)crossada Wrote: Registry point wise four sub-grades of 9.5 equals a 9.6

This is absolutely true.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(06-27-2015, 03:35 PM)crossada Wrote: I know from personal experience that if a 9.5 overall grade has a 9 centering grade the price is much less than the same card with a 9.5 centering grade. For example I bought a 9.5 '82 Fleer Ripken RC with the 9 centering and got it for around $500 when the better sub-grades were selling double that at the time.

Registry point wise four sub-grades of 9.5 equals a 9.6

Therefore most cards with better sub-grades command a higher price ebay wise than your basic 9.5 That's what I have noticed buying most of my collection over the last several years.
Couldnt have said it better! Yes, I like my cards to be as pretty as my bank account will allow! Hahaha!