`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re-upping Membership - Question

Re-upping Membership - Question
My OPGs expired last week. I think I will renew, but haven't settled 100% that I will or for how long. In any event, someone identifying themselves as a Beckett rep called today and offered me a free month if I renew for a year.

Being the cautious person I am, I didn't immediately accept and told him he could call me back in a few weeks.

The caller ID matched the number on the main Beckett page. My main concern: is this a legitimate Beckett employee? Unfortunately I don't recall his name. If I eventually agree to renew I'm assuming he will ask for my credit card # over the phone ... only if this person is truly a Beckett employee do I want to give this info out.

Anyway; any other traders/users have such an experience?

Thanks,
Grant

RE: Re-upping Membership - Question
I pay through PayPal, so couldn't tell you about phone calls, but if you wanted to re-up, you could always call the main number and do it that way.

I subscribed for a year and got only 15 days free even though I've been a member since 04 and an opg subscriber since 09 I believe. You should've jumped on the free month offer Lol.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

It's likely a member of their retention services group. I've heard a couple of other stories about people who were on the OPG/Org train that hopped off getting calls and emailed offers to renew at a discount. Actually now that I think about it it reminds me of when I switched cable providers and how hard the losing provider tried to keep us on after we already made the decision. If they'd just offered it up front as a long-time customer we wouldn't have bothered seeking out a better deal. Beckett's fortunate they have a de facto monopoly. Just imagine the service/pricing we'd see if someone entered this market and disrupted it. That's probably why I'm still 100% behind their grading service but cooling rapidly on their OPG/Org offerings.

I had a rep, Brian, call me on Monday. I re-subsribed to the football OPG friday, and he called monday saying that he would be my personal beckett rep after being a beckett member for 15 years. My personal offer was 45 free days with a purchase of a year to the basketball or baseball opg. I asked if i could have it added on to the football opg and was told no. I passed. 45 free days didnt seem like much of a deal to me.
[Image: minnesota_vikings_banner_7822big.jpg]

He is a rep from the call centre that they have. His offer was legit and could have gotten you a free month. I am working with Dan Hitt and the other Mods-among others-to try and get things cleared up and organized properly. There is a lot on the plate, and the Beckett Staff and Team are all worried about the earned skepticism from the members of the site. Hopefully things will get sorted soon.

Sorry, this is not meant as a hijack, but something that I wanted to share.

Randi

I've been called by them as well. I believe it was on the up and up.
I collect Peyton Manning and Griffey Jr.
My Bucket: http://s444.photobucket.com/albums/qq164/soccerscrub78
[Image: manning-griffeybanner2.jpg]

(06-24-2015, 10:24 AM)rayeates Wrote: He is a rep from the call centre that they have. His offer was legit and could have gotten you a free month. I am working with Dan Hitt and the other Mods-among others-to try and get things cleared up and organized properly. There is a lot on the plate, and the Beckett Staff and Team are all worried about the earned skepticism from the members of the site. Hopefully things will get sorted soon.

Sorry, this is not meant as a hijack, but something that I wanted to share.

Randi
I appreciate the update!

I got the call too.

Funny, I've contacted them a couple of times with issues/concerns/ideas and never heard back... but the day before my subscription is about to end (despite auto renew being enabled) I get a phone call.

Randi, I appreciate all you and the other mods do... I just wish Beckett would focus on stabilizing what they have rather than roll out new features and gimmicks. There are two or three different log in screens/interfaces depending on how you enter the site.