`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
86-87 fleer jordan find...guess the grade UPDATED 12-15-2015

86-87 fleer jordan find...guess the grade UPDATED 12-15-2015
So I just picked up another fleer Jordan rookie card and had a few questions for you guys.

As you can see, it's beat up so my first question is; what grade do you think it will get?

Also

Would it be better to have it graded numerically or just slabbed as authentic?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: 86-87 fleer jordan find...guess the grade
Is the bottom left-hand corner creased all the way through?

(06-19-2015, 07:27 PM)ifyoucanthinkofit Wrote: Is the bottom left-hand corner creased all the way through?

on the reverse, you can tell that the corner is bent but you cannot see the crease so I'd say yes. However, on the back near the right edge there is a vertical crease that goes from the middle of the card down to the bottom.

not very good. I wouldn't send it in.

(06-19-2015, 09:20 PM)stwainfan Wrote: not very good. I wouldn't send it in.

Lol ALL Jordan rookies should be graded or at least slabbed! I wouldn't be sending it in because of its condition, it would be more for presentation, preserving/protecting it, and also to let possible future buyers know that it is authentic.

(06-19-2015, 09:29 PM)altz11 Wrote: Lol ALL Jordan rookies should be graded or at least slabbed! I wouldn't be sending it in because of its condition, it would be more for presentation, preserving/protecting it, and also to let possible future buyers know that it is authentic.
If you're sending in other stuff, then getting it authenticated would be worth it. I wouldn't do it if it was the only card.

If it was graded my guess would be maybe a 4? I have a 1968 Ryan without the corner issue the Jordan has, and it graded as a 5.5 (I bought it that way).

Personally I would get it slabbed authentic. With the condition flaws it shows (and that is what we can see from the scan, not to mention the possible surface scratches, etc) I would be more concerned with it being authentic than getting an actual grade. To have it slabbed would be great for presentation. I think personally the grade would take away from the display. Just my thoughts.

[Image: Nick.jpg]

Thanks for the opinions guys!

(06-20-2015, 09:32 AM)altz11 Wrote: Thanks for the opinions guys!
Let us know how things turn out.

(06-19-2015, 09:29 PM)altz11 Wrote: I wouldn't be sending it in because of its condition, it would be more for presentation, preserving/protecting it, and also to let possible future buyers know that it is authentic.
I agree. Send it in. The condition won't change after that, either.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.