`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your worst mistake you ever made in the hobby

RE: Your worst mistake you ever made in the hobby
(06-14-2015, 06:00 PM)altz11 Wrote: Well...she sounds like a nice girl!
Sounds like I misread it.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

Well...she sounds like a nice girl!

She's not.

trading my vintage away in 09. Selling in bulk lots of low end auto/ ton of gu to rid myself of clutter at a flea market.
Selling my org out
Rolleyes

Bought a Goldy Gold Chrome Auto for about 350, sold for 550. Easy 1.5k now.
Collecting Jimmer Fredette.

(06-14-2015, 06:58 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: Well...she sounds like a nice girl!

She's not.
Oh. I didn't read it wrong.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

reupping my opg subscription two months ago

My bone head mistake recently happened. I was at a consignment shop and saw what I thought were two Stadium Club Murphy sets. In all my excitement thinking I got 2 Jeters...I paid double book for 2 Dome sets. SMH
[Image: FirstHeltonBanner.jpg]

I Always send extra cards when I trade
Filip Forsberg, Todd Helton, Charlie Blackmon, D.J. LeMahieu, Mikie Mahtook & Ben Paulsen I don't have.

(06-13-2015, 10:32 PM)rmpaq5 Wrote: Does getting sucked back in to this hobby and having it slowly drain your life savings count? Smile
This was the first answer that popped into my head. Getting sucked in again in 2010. Selling a binder that included probably 25-30 1993 SP Jeter rookies DIRT CHEAP back in 1995 or 1996 because I was short on rent would be up there too Sad

(06-13-2015, 02:03 PM)petillo64 Wrote: I bought any and every Joc Pederson Bowman Chrome auto I could get a hold of that was under $15 for a six month stretch. Think I got up to the mid 20's in total chrome autos I had. Sold them all for between $30-$40 a pop six months later when I stopped PC'ing him (his cards were getting too expensive to pick up regularly). Seeing them go for $150-$250 right now is pretty painful.
Sounds like me and my old goldy and trout collections, I did the same thing before they both exploded!
(06-15-2015, 05:49 AM)phillies816 Wrote: This was the first answer that popped into my head. Getting sucked in again in 2010. Selling a binder that included probably 25-30 1993 SP Jeter rookies DIRT CHEAP back in 1995 or 1996 because I was short on rent would be up there too Sad
I did something similar, I had all the cards I collected from childhood in a binder and sold them at a yard sale for 10 bucks. I had rc's of puckett, jeter, griffey jr, mattingly, ripken jr, and pretty much every big name out there. Probably gave away 500.00 in cards for a 10 spot lol
(06-13-2015, 10:32 PM)rmpaq5 Wrote: Does getting sucked back in to this hobby and having it slowly drain your life savings count? Smile
Yep I'd count that one lol
(06-14-2015, 07:11 PM)philly eagle in az Wrote: Bought a Goldy Gold Chrome Auto for about 350, sold for 550. Easy 1.5k now.
Ouch man sorry! I wish I could go back and spend some money on his 2011 BC autos cause I have zero of them right now. I used to have 2 base autos but sold one and one was smudged really bad. When i started collecting him in 2011-2012 his BC base autos were 10.00 a piece! Funny cause I didnt stock up on him but I always knew he was gonna be a beast! In the end though I dont care too much about the money, he's the reason I collect. Still would be nice to brag about having his high end autos though lol
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]