`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft Thread

RE: Draft Thread
Phillies took a SS and a 2B Cornelius Randolph and Scott Kingery....... Id like to know what they plan with this.

They just chose another SS in the 3rd round......... both of them from high school. Kingery is the only one from college.
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

Astros had the best draft in my min undoubtedly: Tucker, Bregman, and Cameron will be stars.
Watch out because the Houston Astros will be the next dynasty.
[Image: PIpbkRH.png]

Also collecting the top prospects for the Sox.
I never threw an illegal pitch. The trouble is, once in a while I toss one that ain't never been seen by this generation. — Satchel Paige
Special thanks to jbel for the sweet sig!

(06-09-2015, 12:13 PM)redsoxfan1534 Wrote: Astros had the best draft in my min undoubtedly: Tucker, Bregman, and Cameron will be stars.
Watch out because the Houston Astros will be the next dynasty.
Without a doubt!! Astros kicked a$$ in this draft
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

I'm not too happy with the Braves picking up mostly pitchers. Even one of the positional players, a third baseman, they picked is more likely to end up being pitcher... Rich Anikel anyone. Not saying Allard was a bad pickup but the OF the Brewers picked up right afterwards, Trent Clark, seemed like a better pick.

We picked up enough talented pitchers with our trades so maybe they are thinking about using them as future trade bait because what team won't trade for a potential Starter right?
[Image: m5GDmvD.png]

Want List
- 2006 Craig Biggio SP Authentic By the Letter "B" "O"
- 1991 Topps Desert Shield Chipper Jones

(06-08-2015, 10:00 PM)madamson Wrote: Back to the pick the Twins made.....I'm glad they went college P. I think he has a good shot at contributing soon (no later than 2016). Of course, Minnesota is well-known for not fast tracking guys so who knows.
I'm not counting on Jay for a couple of years. And either way I'm not wild about the pick.

If they keep him in the bullpen, they spent the #6 overall pick on reliever that doesn't throw as hard as 4 other potential closers sitting at AA Chattanooga right now and a host of others at A ball and starters that will become pen guys.

If they want him to start, he's only done it twice in 3 years. All of a sudden that live arm slows down a bit so as not to burn out.

Maybe he'll pan out, but I'm getting tired of them drafting the Big 10 Pitcher of the Year every year. This makes four in the organization right now - Perkins, Wimmers, Slegers and Jay.
Kepler

Jared.........I hear ya on the Big 10 stuff. Wimmers is finally back throwing I believe and who knows if he'll ever make it to the bigs. Watching MLB Central on the MLB network this morning they were saying that the Twins' 1st and 2nd round picks could help in September if they are still in the race. I think that is a little overblown as I highly doubt either guy will see above A ball.

(06-09-2015, 05:50 PM)madamson Wrote: Jared.........I hear ya on the Big 10 stuff. Wimmers is finally back throwing I believe and who knows if he'll ever make it to the bigs. Watching MLB Central on the MLB network this morning they were saying that the Twins' 1st and 2nd round picks could help in September if they are still in the race. I think that is a little overblown as I highly doubt either guy will see above A ball.
As much as I want them to, I don't think they'll be in it in September. But if they somehow are, I'd say the guys at AA and a couple of the guys from last year are more likely to help than either of these guys.

From Chattanooga, I'd say Zack Jones is probably ready enough to help now; Nick Burdi looks like he's starting to learn to throw strikes; Jake Reed is getting there a little slower; and JT Chargois is finally healthy and could advance quickly. And all of those guys hit 95+.

At Cedar Rapids they've moved Michael Cederoth to the bullpen and he's become virtually untouchable. The scouting reports said that if they stopped trying to make him a starter he could advance quickly.

At Rochester, Lester Oliveros and AJ Achter are about as ready as they'll ever be.

And that's not even including Berrios and Meyer in the equation.

Lots of impact arms already in the system. Combine that with the Twins' turtle-like pace and I see no way they come up this year. Maybe next year at some point.
Kepler

(06-09-2015, 11:05 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: As much as I want them to, I don't think they'll be in it in September. But if they somehow are, I'd say the guys at AA and a couple of the guys from last year are more likely to help than either of these guys.

From Chattanooga, I'd say Zack Jones is probably ready enough to help now; Nick Burdi looks like he's starting to learn to throw strikes; Jake Reed is getting there a little slower; and JT Chargois is finally healthy and could advance quickly. And all of those guys hit 95+.

At Cedar Rapids they've moved Michael Cederoth to the bullpen and he's become virtually untouchable. The scouting reports said that if they stopped trying to make him a starter he could advance quickly.

At Rochester, Lester Oliveros and AJ Achter are about as ready as they'll ever be.

And that's not even including Berrios and Meyer in the equation.

Lots of impact arms already in the system. Combine that with the Twins' turtle-like pace and I see no way they come up this year. Maybe next year at some point.
What's the latest on Alex Meyer? I thought I saw that they moved him to the bullpen too, or maybe I'm wrong. I'm skeptical about them hanging in the race until September but then again, the experts didn't think the Royals could do it last year either so you never know.

At the MLB level right now, I am quite impressed with Molitor/Allen. Molitor has that "do it right" look on his face all the time, and although I loved Gardy, it doesn't look like anyone is immune from a chat to get motivated. Neil Allen was a surprise hire (I thought Guardado or Chris Bosio was going to get that) but I'm digging his no-nonsense style too. He appears to be pretty animated when he goes to the mound and it looks as though the players respect him.

(06-10-2015, 09:24 AM)madamson Wrote: What's the latest on Alex Meyer? I thought I saw that they moved him to the bullpen too, or maybe I'm wrong. I'm skeptical about them hanging in the race until September but then again, the experts didn't think the Royals could do it last year either so you never know.

At the MLB level right now, I am quite impressed with Molitor/Allen. Molitor has that "do it right" look on his face all the time, and although I loved Gardy, it doesn't look like anyone is immune from a chat to get motivated. Neil Allen was a surprise hire (I thought Guardado or Chris Bosio was going to get that) but I'm digging his no-nonsense style too. He appears to be pretty animated when he goes to the mound and it looks as though the players respect him.
The numbers on Meyer look pretty good, actually. He's only made 4 appearances - looks like every 4 days or so.

Walks are down 3 in 6 2/3 innings, 9 Ks, ERA of 0.00, 2 hits. So, pretty dominant. I would really have liked to see him get that spot start last weekend, just to see what he could've done with it. I think working with Allen would help, but by getting the call (which should have happened last year) it would show the organization hasn't given up on him.

Truthfully, falling out of it earlier rather than later wouldn't be the worst thing ever. If Pelfrey continues to perform at a high level, they might actually be able to get something for him, maybe even something for a healthy (fingers crossed) Nolasco.

I, too, really like Allen and Molitor. And even Brunansky.

I think the problem with the offense right now is they're trying to turn guys like Arcia and Vargas into all-around hitters, rather than playing to the strengths that got them this far. That's what Bruno did coaching these guys as they came up. As much as we'd like for every hitter to be Mike Trout or Miguel Cabrera, they just can't be. Lumberjacks like Adam Dunn serve a purpose, too.
Kepler