`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom cut autos

Custom cut autos
Hi all, I'm usually posting on the football boards but while cleaning I ran across some autographs my uncle sent me back in '96. He lives down in Florida and went to a Cubs Marlins game and managed to snag some signatures. The most prominent ones are Sammy Sosa, Jim Riggleman, and one of my favorites Frank Castillo.

I wanted a better way to display them so I put together a 4x6 design and went from there!

The template (designed in Ulead PhotoImpact)

The setup

Finished product

I got a bit sloppy on a few of my cuts and I'd rather be using an Xacto knife but such is life Smile. Thanks for looking!

RE: Custom cut autos
I think it's cool, and a great way to display a piece
no org, please do not send trade requests

Just finished putting all 8 together and scanning them in. Would also love some help trying to identify the last signature. It would have come during the same game all the other Cubs players came from. It was 06/01/1996 at the Florida Marlins where the Cubs won 5-4. I thought maybe Turk Wendell or Pedro Valdes but neither of them match exemplars I found online. Maybe it's a coach or team trainer but for the life of me I can't figure it out.

Looks like Rick Wilkins but he was on Houston at that time....
Looking for Ozzie Guillen, Gordon Beckham, Frank Thomas, Travis Snider, John Starks, White Sox and anything else that catches my eye!

(06-06-2015, 03:17 PM)ozzieguillen13 Wrote: Looks like Rick Wilkins but he was on Houston at that time....
I think you're right. The Castillo and Wilkins are on different paper than the rest so must have gotten at a different time and mixed in. Thanks!

Those are pretty cool!
[Image: PIpbkRH.png]

Also collecting the top prospects for the Sox.
I never threw an illegal pitch. The trouble is, once in a while I toss one that ain't never been seen by this generation. — Satchel Paige
Special thanks to jbel for the sweet sig!