`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Value? Suh Printing Plate

Value? Suh Printing Plate
Pulled this printing plate card (I think that's what it is) but can't find it anywhere on eBay or similar sites. Anyone know the value?

Also, same question on the Odell.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: Value? Suh Printing Plate
The Suh is actually the Sepia Refractor for this year's chrome:
http://www.beckett.com/football/2014/topps-chrome-sepia-refractors/38-ndamukong-suh-10759394
Plates are numbered 1/1, this is out of /99. Look up Suh 2014 Chrome Sepia, it might help you find it.

The Odell is a Rookie Die Cut, which is fairly common,
http://www.beckett.com/football/2014/top...1967;

Hey thanks, pal. Would have preferred a printing plate lol.

Yeah, I know the feeling Smile One thing that really stands out with the printing plates (especially chrome) is that the entire card is a thin sheet of aluminum with a sticker on the back that says it's a plate and a 1/1. Here is a good example: this is a plate of Eric Berry from the same set (Cyan color):

This is what the back will look like:

Just for future reference Smile

Goodness. That's awesome. Used to collect a lot as a kid, not my son started and it pulled me back in, lol! Thanks for the help. Been coming up empty a lot lately with hobby boxes but that's probably because I'm buying him lower end ones like Rookies and Stars and Topps Chrome

(06-05-2015, 02:12 PM)bojesphob Wrote: Yeah, I know the feeling Smile One thing that really stands out with the printing plates (especially chrome) is that the entire card is a thin sheet of aluminum with a sticker on the back that says it's a plate and a 1/1. Here is a good example: this is a plate of Eric Berry from the same set (Cyan color):

This is what the back will look like:

Just for future reference Smile

(06-05-2015, 02:13 PM)Aparra210 Wrote: Goodness. That's awesome. Used to collect a lot as a kid, not my son started and it pulled me back in, lol! Thanks for the help. Been coming up empty a lot lately with hobby boxes but that's probably because I'm buying him lower end ones like Rookies and Stars and Topps Chrome
Yeah, I just got back into collecting hard core probably 3 years ago after a long hiatus. Topps Chrome this year was TERRIBLE for actually getting anything good, so definitely avoid that, especially if you're only buying boxes. I would personally recommend Prizm. I bought a case of regular hobby recently, and 2 cards out of that case were enough to pay for 80% of another case, so I used the proceeds from that to buy a second case. I'm in process of trying to sell ones from that case to fund a third, so it seems like it has a bit more return then Chrome, and I like the design better. Good luck with your new found collecting itch Smile

Unfortunately you will come up empty on hobby boxes, I think they are the biggest rip off and you never get your money back

That's why you see a lot of people collect certain teams, players, alma maters, positions, and etc. spending 100$ on 3 no name rookie autos not numbered or just spend that 100$ on stuff like!

I started back in the hobby in 2009 and bought hobby boxes, spent nearly 3000$ that year and best card I pulled was a Devin McCourty auto /49, clearly not worth 3000$ but what I am trying to say is that if I was going to spend all that money on nothing, I could have bought stuff like Manning, Farve, Luck, Marino, Montana autos and patches that keep value instead of trying to chase that 1 big break...

(06-06-2015, 05:12 AM)butterworth1326 Wrote: Unfortunately you will come up empty on hobby boxes, I think they are the biggest rip off and you never get your money back

That's why you see a lot of people collect certain teams, players, alma maters, positions, and etc. spending 100$ on 3 no name rookie autos not numbered or just spend that 100$ on stuff like!

I started back in the hobby in 2009 and bought hobby boxes, spent nearly 3000$ that year and best card I pulled was a Devin McCourty auto /49, clearly not worth 3000$ but what I am trying to say is that if I was going to spend all that money on nothing, I could have bought stuff like Manning, Farve, Luck, Marino, Montana autos and patches that keep value instead of trying to chase that 1 big break...

I've noticed. It sucks. It's so fun/exciting to get a good pull. Buying the stuff after someone else pulls it just seems.....bland.