`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soft Material "Patch" What is it??

RE: Soft Material "Patch" What is it??
(06-07-2015, 11:47 AM)Hofcollector Wrote: The employees wouldn't have hand placed the patch in there. Part of the problem with machine made patch cards is they only do what they're told and can't differentiate between patches, swatches, bat or any other kind of relics. The slightest programming error or relics being fed in no particular order and you get patches in /99 cards and swatches in /15 cards.

If I had to guess, I'd say it had to be from some sort of retro jersey. Maybe part of the collar? It looks like a sock but I'm still holding out hope that Topps isn't adding socks to it's game used memorabilia line.
Yea, I'm not to familiar with production of them. I have just seen a couple videos where the employees hand place the patches in the card line and then the machine puts the front of the card on and seals everything together. That's why I thought that.

I was thinking maybe pants as well but I don't know if the red stripe is usually woven into the pants (like this one) or if it is usually like a seam. Maybe something like this?

photo schmidt2.jpg

[Image: image.jpg]

RE: Soft Material "Patch" What is it??
(06-07-2015, 12:40 PM)Dub24rollin Wrote: Yea, I'm not to familiar with production of them. I have just seen a couple videos where the employees hand place the patches in the card line and then the machine puts the front of the card on and seals everything together. That's why I thought that.

I was thinking maybe pants as well but I don't know if the red stripe is usually woven into the pants (like this one) or if it is usually like a seam. Maybe something like this?

photo schmidt2.jpg
It could be a throwback uniform like you say, because on the newer ones its just a seem and not woven like the patches has it. Now what throws me off is so much white and just a thin red line.

Check out ben reveres socks lol
https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphoto...6744_n.jpg
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s