`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
2009 & 2010 Tribute & 2015 Panini Prizm

2009 & 2010 Tribute & 2015 Panini Prizm
Had another fun time opening up 3 boxes. 1 box each of 2009 & 2010 Topps Tribute and 1 box of 2015 Panini Prizm. The Prizm box are always fun to open, plenty of inserts etc. etc. Did pull a Kris Bryant insert (sorry folks, saved for my local trade buddy). Personal collection was even covered out of the Prizm, as I pulled 2 different prizms of Troy Tulowitzki and 1 of Mariano Rivera.

The box of 2010 Topps Tribute was the first I've opened. It sure didn't disappoint me. In the first pack a black (numbered 09/50) relic of....wait for it....MICKEY MANTLE. Not the most expensive pull by any means, but still, I was jumping up and down (literally) when I pulled the card. Also pulled a Robin Yount triple bat numbered 38/99 and a Curt Schilling auto relic numbered 19/50. Did pull a redemption card for a Matt Kemp for an auto-relic. Of course, it's expired, but I'm going to put the number in anyway at Topps and see what happens.

The 2009 box of Topps Tribute also was nice to me. Pulled a gold dual relic gold (I think) numbered 15/25 of Cal Ripken. This is another personal collection card. Pulled a base relic of Johnny Bench, a Blue auto/relic of Duke Snider, not too bad I don't think. Also a dual relic of Ichiro, and my 2 other auto/relics were Rick Porcello and Jay Bruce, neither of which is a top line auto, but that's ok I guess with the luck I've been having.

Well, I better quit writing and start getting some of this in my organizer. Seems like my organizer pile has gotten way bigger.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

RE: 2009 & 2010 Tribute & 2015 Panini Prizm
Nice pulls, man! It's always awesome to pull nice PC cards when you are busting wax. Congrats!
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

Sweet Mantle Relic, Maybe not the most expensive card but it would have a lot of personal value for me. The rest of the Hits were pretty awesome as well/ CONRATS.

Nice hit! Pull any Goldy or Jake Lamb?
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

(06-02-2015, 07:48 PM)ryanmo5 Wrote: Nice hit! Pull any Goldy or Jake Lamb?
I don't think so, but you might want to keep your eyes open and check my organizer every so often as I put things in.

Sorry to hear about that redemption. (Probably not redeemable) but luckily a Mantle card would soften the blow, if it were me opening that box. Congrats on some good stuff.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

You are right DrMitch, when I tried the redemption the error message said invalid card. I figured as much but had to try. I do love the Mantle.

Not bad. Would love to see some scans.