`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it me, or does everyone have this problem

Is it me, or does everyone have this problem
The trade site ... Searching through other's trade folders .... I have problems 'undoing' a filter search. I need to leave the page go elsewhere and re-enter the trade site. Seems pretty ridiculous to me.
Also, why is the 'quantity' tab at the top able to list ascending / descending order, but you can't do that with the 'value' tab? That's just plain stupid, if you ask me!
I'd probably trade more if I didn't waste an hour trying to navigate around the trade folders with horrible search tools at my disposal.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: Is it me, or does everyone have this problem
I get the same thing with searches on trades. Typically I have to go back to go forward. It also makes me crazy that my wants prior to the late 2000's show as wants but anything after that does not.
50,000+ Red Sox cards and counting.

100% agreed on the value tab...
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

Wants list not populating when searching through other collections is the worst.
Collect Jeter, Mo Rivera, Aaron Judge, Gleyber Torres, and current Yanks Top Prospects.

I don't think that I've had problems undoing a filter search but I'd have to look at it. I use a lot of filters when searching. As far as the value tab goes...................................we'll just leave it at that so I don't get kicked off the forum lol. That's very frustrating.
[Image: image.jpg]

(05-31-2015, 07:06 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: I'd probably trade more if I didn't waste an hour trying to navigate around the trade folders with horrible search tools at my disposal.
I for one would like to see you trade more. Or maybe once with me.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

I have to clear my cookies after each time I look at someone's org in order to get the stars to appear, and even then it's hit or miss. Pretty lame.
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,263 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile

Unless it was fixed (and I didn't take the time to try it out) every time I had listed my 'wants' they showed up when searching the OPG the same way as if I had the item. That was frustrating, because I'd rely on that before purchasing cards, and I missed out on sales/auctions of cards I needed. Does that make sense? Is that still an issue with anyone's want list currently?
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(05-31-2015, 01:19 PM)zeprock Wrote: I for one would like to see you trade more. Or maybe once with me.
I'd love to be able to trade with you and many others, but using your trade folder as an example (not singling you out, but it's just a typical example ) ... You have over 80,000 cards listed, 40,000 are baseball. Trying to navigate through that volume of cards is frustrating and nearly impossible unless I had a couple of days without anything to do. If I had a functional search site, or a working want list, that would certainly narrow the time of my search procedure. Every time I search a player or team, if I want to change the search, I have to leave the trade site and come back to it ... So I usually leave and get sidetracked and I don't go back to the trade site for a month.