`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Box Break day

Box Break day
Today was another box break day for me. While I don't have near all of it sorted out, I do want to make two comments on the boxes I opened. Here's what I opened:

1 box 2009 Topps Tribute (Love the tribute)
2 boxes 2015 Panini Prizm
1 box 2006 Topps Finest
1 box 2005 Studio
free gift was 2013? prizm or was it 2012?

The tribute box stayed nice to me. Pulled a beautiful Blue Triple Relic Autograph of Don Mattingly!!!!!!!!!! NO IT IS NOT FOR TRADE!!! PC CARD!!!!

My second comment is a gripe about 2015 Prizm. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the Prizm. Got lots of inserts and colors and refractors. But after opening 2 boxes, I thought I would be a little closer to having a set than I was. 30 duplicates, this seems a little excessive to me. How have the boxes been running for the rest of you as to collation?

Will post more of the hits as I go along. I do plan on scanning the Mattingly and posting pictures, but may not be until the weekend. Tomorrow I have to go to a visitation and either a service tomorrow night or a service on Friday. A fellow pressman I worked with for over 10 years died yesterday morning. Maybe that's why the boxes didn't seem as fun today. Out of the 3 of us pressmen who worked together, I'm the only one left.

Sorry, I just had to get that off my chest. Has not been the best of days for me. He had been in a nursing home after a stroke and surgery and I had planned on visiting him yesterday.

Sorry, I know this is the box breaks section. I'll have more.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

RE: Box Break day
Sorry for the loss of your friend/co-worker.
But really happy that you pulled a PC Mattingly from Tribute! Maybe a little good Karma mixed with some divine intervention? Who knows?
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Nice hit with the Mattingly. I know that you said, "NO IT IS NOT FOR TRADE!!! PC CARD!!!!", does that mean that you don't plan on trading it? (jk)

Sorry for your loss of your co-worker.

Our condolences for the loss of your friend, man. Congrats on the excellent PC hit, though!
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

Sorry for your loss.

Keep me in mind for your Cardinals you pull.

(05-28-2015, 01:12 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Sorry for the loss of your friend/co-worker.
But really happy that you pulled a PC Mattingly from Tribute! Maybe a little good Karma mixed with some divine intervention? Who knows?
Could very well be a little good Karma. Maybe my friend was smiling down at me. Who Knows? Thanks for the kind words.
Thank you all for the kind words and condolences. It does help to know there are good people like all of you out in the world. My friend was 88, and I know he lived a long and useful life.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

Sorry for your loss.

Nice pull on the Mattingly. Obviously not a Yanks fan but I've always said if Puckett is a HOFer(which he is) then so should Mattingly.

Sorry for your loss, always hard losing those we are close to!
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

Sorry about your friend. Try to relax and open up some caeds. Good luck buddy.

Sorry for your loss of what sounds like a dear friend. Good luck on the rest of your breaks!
[Image: PIpbkRH.png]

Also collecting the top prospects for the Sox.
I never threw an illegal pitch. The trouble is, once in a while I toss one that ain't never been seen by this generation. — Satchel Paige
Special thanks to jbel for the sweet sig!