`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Mike Trout Museum auto

Mike Trout Museum auto
Hey all!! Have a question for the forum here. So recently completed a trade on facebook for some cards. One was a Trout Canvas museum auto. Well got the cards over the weekend and noticed the back of the card. Seems silver markings from where i guess he was stacking the cards as he was signing. I notified the trader and said that he really didnt notice. Got the card and put it away. He said that he would gladly take all the cards we traded for and return them.
My question is, how badly does this affect the value? I mean i wanna keep it. Beauty of an auto. Just you know, if i get in a pinch and wanna sell it, will it not sell that high. Or same with trading or maybe gettting it graded. Would like some feedback from the community. Lmk. Thanks. And sorry for the drawing. Was trying to make arrows. Lol!!
[Image: 00577c00-4fa7-4aba-812b-b4be476cb4d5_zpsdpumxczb.jpg]
[Image: Scan0428_zpsa5gxuwxx.jpg]

RE: Mike Trout Museum auto
Well the good news is it is on the back but it would still take a hit if you grade grade it, no idea how much. Can you remove the silver in anyway? Even if not all of it, try what you can without damaging the card. Lightly scrape an exacto knife or maybe even some paint thinner thinly on a qtip and dab it. All very carefully of course.
Mostly football and a set builder

I dont think it would hurt it to much in value. I would look and see if others have the same issue from being stacked after being signed

It wouldn't better me, sweet card
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

Trade wise I don't think it would hurt too much. Grading you'd get killed on though. Selling, eh, I'm sure if you tried hard enough uou could get good cash for it. I wouldn't recommend taking an exacto knife to it or scraping it with anything for obvious reasons. As for the paint thinner, it contains acetone. Acetone will eat through most plastics and destroys wooden finishes. I would not recommend putting anything that eats through polyurethane on your cards. Your best bet, if you feel adventurous, get a card shammy/buffer and gently try to buff it out. Basically it's a jewelers cloth used to hand polish gems.

thanks all!! might leave it be. but who knows, may try something. thanks

As a buyer and huge Angels fan, I'd still pay top dollar for that bad boy. Very nice auto.

[Image: banner_zpsn8lxnr05.jpg]

All Angels!!!

Joe,

I wouldn't touch it. To me not much value is lost. The Auto on the front is what holds the value of this card. If you look to move it and let the ink on the back known no one getting it can complain. I still think you get top dollar for it trading... Selling really how bad someone wants the card. Id rather have the ink from another card on the back like this than a banged up corner or any crease.
https://rad3427.imgbb.com/
WANT LIST
1. Nolan Arenado RCs (all colors)
2. Ken Griffey Jr (90s inserts)
3. Bryce Harper RCs (all colors)
4. Mookie Betts 
5. Juan Soto

Try a little rubbing alcohol on a tissue.....usually get the "extra" ink off...
[Image: cyber-1.png]
Bucket
Collecting CURRENT Raiders....Carr, Mack, Bo, brown ++