`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.78 Average
Chasing Canseco - Best Day Ever.

RE: Chasing Canseco - Best Day Ever.
@cmherren2 - I appreciate that feedback, thank you!

@Odyssey - I actually met Craig almost exactly a year ago.

[Image: meandcraig.jpg]

Here is a link to it, though I'm sure it is on beckett somewhere as well Smile http://tanmanbaseballfan.blogspot.com/20...dhood.html

I ended up having to pay to get it signed, but it was worth it. There are some players that do TTM. You can check the TTM database at sportscardforum.com or pay for a subscription at startiger.com which is MUCH more comprehensive. I used that to get autographs from some of my favorite tv / movie stars as well. Best of luck to ya!
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME! Smile
www.TanManBaseballFan.com
Do you have rare Jose Canseco cards? Let me know!
Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict

Tanner you're a lucky man and thanks for the advice, I think I'm going to follow through and see about getting something signed by him. I'm going to shoot you a PM and see about enlisting your services for a custom card.
[Image: m5GDmvD.png]

Want List
- 2006 Craig Biggio SP Authentic By the Letter "B" "O"
- 1991 Topps Desert Shield Chipper Jones

Tanner, your work in creating your own cards is awesome. I am curious how you do it. What program do you use like photo shop? Where do you get the card stock? and so on. I get to meet one of my sports hero's in Monday 6/9 and would like to produce my own card for the event. Think I'll just get something signed that I can do a cut and place into a card. Great read, congrats.

(06-05-2015, 03:54 PM)shawnw1025 Wrote: Tanner, your work in creating your own cards is awesome. I am curious how you do it. What program do you use like photo shop? Where do you get the card stock? and so on. I get to meet one of my sports hero's in Monday 6/9 and would like to produce my own card for the event. Think I'll just get something signed that I can do a cut and place into a card. Great read, congrats.
Thank you for the kind words! I am not ready to let loose any trade secrets just yet - I have an unreal amount of time and boat loads of money in testing materials and such. One of these days, I may spill the beans though! Smile
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME! Smile

If you recall, http://tanmanbaseballfan.blogspot.com/20...stoms.html <-- I made up a version of a Crusade card[/URL], but with Canseco as a Blue Jay.

It took me a few tries ...

[Image: FB_IMG_14051884396301961.jpg]

and I even played with a dual game used version ...

[Image: 20140708_110344.jpg]

but decided that was too crowded.

I wanted to play with the colors ...

[Image: 20140712_160617.jpg]

and even recreate the logo ...

[Image: 20140712_160627.jpg]

In the end, I came up with this ...

[Image: 20140712_125844.jpg]

But I wanted to make sure that not only was my name on the front, but also have my face on the back ...

[Image: 20140712_125830.jpg]

The final looked much more polished, and when Jose got a hold of it, he laid down a NICE red ink signature on it. So, here is the happy ending to this card!

[Image: 20150525_161919.jpg]

BTW - If you have a purple or red crusade Canseco ... let me know! I still need 'em for my collection.

From my article http://tanmanbaseballfan.blogspot.com/20...aning.html <-- Fantasy Baseball has a Whole New Meaning[/URL] you saw that I created a Magic the Gathering style type of card of Canseco, by giving him glowing eyes, a sword and dragons in the background.

When you see it, you swear you hear heavy metal music playing somewhere.

I gave his fantasy name "Canseco the Crusher". I think Jose got a kick out of that. Here it is, with the inscription "The Crusher"!

[Image: 20150525_162019.jpg]

Yeah, I know this is a goofball card, but I am a sucker for inscriptions not found anywhere else ... especially if they are made up by me, and go along with a card I've made Smile

I wondered about that open space at the bottom of the MTG card, it definitely worked well for the auto and inscription.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

It has been a while so I figured why not update the thread at mid-night with one of the other customs I got signed?

A Piece of History: 40/40 Club

[Image: 20150525_162202.jpg]

Not only is Jose's John Hancock on it, it also features a piece of the bat I cut up!