`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for a box, which is preferred here?

Looking for a box, which is preferred here?
I dont do much football, and not much of this new shiny stuff.
But i am looking for the best bang for the buck i assume. One that has the best 'hit' potential i guess.
I dont follow this stuff as i do post-war/pre-war typically of baseball, but i do football at times.
Any suggestions?? What would make a great b-day gift?
ps.s i do know it is preffered to buy from a hobby dealer than a retail store. Boxes labeled R=retail H=hobby. I have read its better to buy the Hobby ones.
Collecting ROOKIE CARDS 40-60's, 25 Gehrig, fancraze-wagner

RE: Looking for a box, which is preferred here?
If you're looking for "hits", hobby is definitely the way to go as there is generally a guaranteed amount of auto/mem. Retail boxes tend to either have fewer hits or no guaranteed hits at all.

As far as product (brand), preference and budget are basically the deciding factors.

I like pro-uni RCs and parallels, so I go for mid-lower end product ($50-$150/box, 12+ packs, a few guaranteed autos/mem) Prizm, Rookies and Stars, Strata, Prestige, Absolute, etc.

I tend to be disappointed when opening high end product ($75+/box, one 1-10 card pack) as there is a guaranteed hit, but if you get a really nice card of a guy that doesn't make the roster it's going to be a bit of a let down. On the upside, you don't have a bunch of base, rookies, and inserts or parallels to get rid of after you bust the box.... but you essentially paid $75+ for a card with a resale of $10.

Buy singles you will be more happy
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

If you *really* just want to rip something and don't care about who you get (as long as you can trade/sell most of it out if you don't like it), then I would say go to cardboard connection (http://www.cardboardconnection.com/) and go through the list of the products for the past couple of years and see which product you like the best in terms of types of hits and design. CC does a really good job of listing all of the hits and variations, and sometimes the odds of hits as well. They also typically have previews of the cards also so you can see what they are supposed to look like. Typically people also comment on products as well saying if they liked the product or didn't like it.

This is not for me. Its a b-day gift. I looked over dacardworld on their stuff. Most 2015 items are on pre-sell however. So, intent here just to see him rip em open. Player wise, i dont follow much, other than the big names i read, like Trout & Bryant.
I do know,have seen CC before, lots of folks mention it on my other boards.
Thanks for the help guys.
I think for football it may be topps chrome & prizm
baseball seem to be anything bowman

got the urge and couldnt wait. So went to K-mart and found these for 21$buck Gems of the game
It had several packs and a graded bccg card. So got 2 of them for fun.
Since, its been a while, i was excited to be opening packs. What a JOY!! seeing all these football guys.
Tons of RC's and some refractors and some mini's.
Box included: 2013 score, panini prestige 2012, 2013 topps, 2014 press pass, 2013 topps rack pack, 2014 rookie&stars panini, and the BCCG graded card.
Could also had topps prime, topps stratos, topps platinum in it.

UPDATE:
I just bought some more boxes/packs today on Ebay.
Baseball: 2014 Bowman Chrome- 2pks
Football: 2015 contenders blaster box(s) 2 of them!