Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Incredible Craigslist Score Today
05-29-2015, 12:32 PM
RE: Incredible Craigslist Score Today
that's awesome man, keep it up.

I'm trying to get a hold of someone on craigslist about a Jordan card but he won't return my email lol.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-29-2015, 08:47 PM
(05-29-2015 12:32 PM)altz11 Wrote:  that's awesome man, keep it up.

I'm trying to get a hold of someone on craigslist about a Jordan card but he won't return my email lol.

It can be hit or miss for sure.

I got the Jordan RC and Kobe RC back.

Bad news on the Jordan, it was slightly shaved and thus got an Authentic - Altered slab. Disappointing for sure, but that's why I stick to the $450 or under price point for raw as I know I can get at least that or a little more for the card even in that condition. It certainly looked like it could have been a 9 or 9.5 as it was far and away better centered and had better corners than my two previous 8.5's

The Kobe RC came back as an 8.5 (8.5 Centering, 9.5 Edges, 9.5 Corners, 8.5 Surface). I should be able to get a decent amount for it with the set.

I already have sold the two Fleer sets for more than I paid for the entire lot so it's all green from here on out. The Bird/Magic RC, 87-88 Fleer Jordan, 88-89 Fleer Jordan and the 82 Topps Traded Ripken RC will all be back on 6/10.
05-30-2015, 11:07 AM
(05-26-2015 08:53 AM)NateNichols Wrote:  I don't consider $1k having "deep pockets."

If I were spending $5-10k, then yeah, but not $1k.

To anyone that does not have $1k to spend on cards, those are deep pockets. In my job as a teacher, I don't have that much extra at the end of a year, but I work in Wisconsin.

I collect all things Duncan Keith plus other Chicago athletes in their respective Halls of Fame - in addition to several authors and personal favorites from past and present Chicago rosters. The other 37,000 cards in my collection I will happily trade to you.
06-01-2015, 12:32 PM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2015 12:33 PM by NateNichols.)
(05-30-2015 11:07 AM)jonathani Wrote:  To anyone that does not have $1k to spend on cards, those are deep pockets. In my job as a teacher, I don't have that much extra at the end of a year, but I work in Wisconsin.

My Mom is a teacher as well so I know you are drastically under-paid, over-worked, and under-appreciated so thank you for doing that job despite those circumstances.

I understand what you're saying and where you're coming from and if you look at it from a scale-of-economy standpoint from where you're at, yes, it might be. However, for a lot of other people it isn't. There are people that spend way more than $1,000 on cards all the time and make what I spent look like pocket change. It's all in the eyes of who's looking at it.

I knew what I bought could be turned into around $3k so that's why I was willing to plunk down $1k for it. Hard to turn down a $2k profit.