`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
my BGS order back

RE: my BGS order back
(06-09-2015, 04:00 PM)rolltide80 Wrote: Anyone know if this is real? A guy found this in a storage locker and is trying to sell the cards to someone I know. Ever seen something like this from Beckett? The serial looks up as a Jordan RC but why would they check Auto when it's not an Auto? Also why would there be nothing but 0's on the grading if it was checked? Ever seen anything like this?

http://s1071.photobucket.com/user/UNCrol...s.png.html

If you're talking about the same card that was posted on the blowout card forum then it is an absolute counterfeit/reprint.
The card in question is far too dark and rich in color, and the surface has a very glossy finish. It's fake all the way.

This is what the card is: Ebay listing # 161727637041

Compare it with this real BGS version: Ebay listing # 371327884672

Notice the difference in color, especially with the blue border. And the counterfeit has too much gloss where as the real version is flat with very little gloss.

As for why the sticker was marked with "auto" and why there are "0's", I couldn't tell you exactly why, but my guess is they couldn't put a numerical grade because it is a counterfeit/reprint.

Sorry I couldn't give you a direct link to ebay.

Yes that is my nephew there on blowout. I told him the card was fake from the jump and I even think the BGS card is faked. That's why I posted it here, to get a different perspective on it. I think both are bogus totally. Does anyone from Beckett post here? Surely they would know if that card was ever given out to anyone?? Grades or not, they would know if that job-id and initials mean anything you would think?

And on the fake MJ RC I agree. I told him the letters were hazy, the blue bordering the letters on the front were too dark to me, and the red/pinkish color on the back was too dark on the bottom. That doesn't even count the bull eyes or the basketball in the bottom corner as we can't see it good enough.

Luckily Beckett emailed me back. They didn't say if the BGS Card itself was fake or not, but that serial numbered is listed as "Questionable Authenticity". Beware everyone and be on the lookout!

Even though they didn't mention the BGS white card marked "authentic" obviously it has to be fake as it was checked authentic. That or it was altered. I think they copied the original and changed it around to make it look real.

Your Bird/Erving/Johnson is sweet and solid.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.