`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Beckett just called me...

RE: Beckett just called me...
I hear where you're coming from, but sometimes I think that's our fault. Back in the 90's I was running a card shop and had great customers, they were willing to buy for a fair price and I was willing to trade with them, let them borrow my Beckett price guide etc. But this one guy would keep coming in, never buy anything from me, but would have a handful of cards he wanted to trade. Second time he came in, I flat out asked him where he bought his cards. He said (at the time) Jacks and other discount stores. OK, he can buy where he wants I guess. 4th time he came in, he wanted to trade and look at my beckett. I flat out told him, no trading, no you can't look at my Beckett. Then I said, if you haven't caught the point yet I'll tell you; "You have never bought anything from me, but you expect me to trade with you and use my beckett which I pay for!!!" Go down to Jacks and the other stores to trade and use their Beckett. Well, of course he couldn't as they don't allow that.

This is what I mean, there's a lot of people who want to get a good card for nothing, or make all kinds of piddly rules about what can be traded for what, etc. It's bugged me for a long time so thank you for getting it off my chest.

As for Beckett customer service, it SUCKS big time. Registry repairs are taking far too long to fix. I don't see how they do it.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

I know what your're saying. It's like everybody wants my Jeter auto though they have nothing of equal value and don't ask for any other of my 5,000 cards. In fact, I am going to take that Jeter auto out of my org because it's just become a distraction to my trading.

Oh ya what trading?

If someone would create a site that would copy my card data from here and just allow me to trade over there, I'd have a hard time staying here. With 40,000 cards cataloged here, I really don't want to go through that process again someplace else.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(05-15-2015, 10:18 AM)jonathani Wrote: If someone would create a site that would copy my card data from here and just allow me to trade over there, I'd have a hard time staying here. With 40,000 cards cataloged here, I really don't want to go through that process again someplace else.
EXACTLY. Coming up on 100,000, plus I have two young kids. My hands are tied.

Thanks for reminding me. My subscription doesn't expire for a while but wanted to remove auto-renew. When I did I got a survey asking why I was removing it. Didn't have to answer so I didn't.
(05-15-2015, 10:23 AM)wickercat Wrote: EXACTLY. Coming up on 100,000, plus I have two young kids. My hands are tied.
Try over 200,000. I'm really tied in.

All you need to do is copy and paste all the pages on an excel sheet and add them to your website. If you pay you can get up to 500 cards per page copied then paste and move to the next page it might take a while but will be worth it in the end if you don't want to stay here or pay for an org. Me myself I have my list of have and needed Jeter cards but never took the time to add everything else up. I am probably going to make lots and just sell them on ebay letting them ride starting at $1.00 each as I am downsizing. But this place has gotten really quite mostly because people got tired of waiting for empty promises. Me I am pretty much a ghost here but stop by to see what's going on here.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

I'm just curious, besides the Registry not having competitions yet what exactly is wrong with it? Someone mentioned it being "broken" why is that?

I may be the minority on this one, but I really can't complain too much about BGS, the registry, customer service etc... But at the same time I don't buy the opg or do any trading so I'm limited to how often I talk to Beckett representatives and deal with the software.

This sounds crude but I don't know a way to sugar coat it......

I haven't given Beckett money in almost a decade.

If they would stop spending time and resources making guides that really doesn't matter to our hobby, they could come up with products and services that we can actually use and be willing to pay for.
My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

That's why I don't buy a price guide they can be way off 1 way or the other I have seen cards they had listed for lets say $50.00 but they sell for $250.00 all the time and go the other way around a $50.00 card that sells for $5.00. I am sure I can name a few examples if I had a price guide but I remember this and I used to use beckett like a bible till I realized I was getting no where near the selling prices of cards I wanted.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

They must be losing money somewhere. Thats what companies do to try to drum up more business.