`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ken Griffey jr Star set

Ken Griffey jr Star set
I have the set all 11 cards still sealed in the set bag. I was wondering should I leave them sealed or grade them?

RE: Ken Griffey jr Star set
Wonder if you can get the package graded sealed, like old vintage packs.

I'm not sure on that. I was just looking to try and add to my collection of BGS Griffey Rookies. I now have 11 with this one.[Image: IMG_20150512_125612_zpswsdql5sc.jpg]

(05-12-2015, 12:53 PM)buckles2335 Wrote: Wonder if you can get the package graded sealed, like old vintage packs.
Last I heard, Beckett doesn't Grade sealed packs.

stwain: Real nice 9.5!!
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(05-12-2015, 01:17 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: Last I heard, Beckett doesn't Grade sealed packs.

stwain: Real nice 9.5!!
That is correct.

I spoke to someone yesterday at Beckett HQ here in Dallas while picking up my order about this very thing and was told they no longer grade sealed packs/bags.

I was thinking about opening the set. Them have each card graded. Or would it be better to leave them sealed like they are?

(05-12-2015, 02:13 PM)stwainfan Wrote: I was thinking about opening the set. Them have each card graded. Or would it be better to leave them sealed like they are?
Depends on what you're wanting to do and you can look at it several ways.

Some people will value them the highest with them 100% sealed in the pack/bag, graded or not. Just know that the bag can cause damage to the cards and will continue to over time and movement.

Some people want to know exactly what condition the cards are in and would prefer to have them graded and then you will know exactly what condition your entire set and individual cards are in.

Look and see what they are going for in the bag ungraded or what they are going for individually and graded and make your determination.

Yes I know these are not his normal base rookies. That being Fleer , Upper Deck etc. All of these cards are about the same price individually. I just think it would be cool to have all his rookies BGS 9.5 grade.

(05-12-2015, 03:09 PM)stwainfan Wrote: I just think it would be cool to have all his rookies BGS 9.5 grade.
Then you answered your own question about opening the pack and sending the cards in for grading.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Send the bag to PSA and have it graded if the cards look like they are in at least mint condition.