`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
eBay sellers and Knowledge of Values... I guess I am venting...

RE: eBay sellers and Knowledge of Values... I guess I am venting...
(05-07-2015, 06:00 PM)kstjst48 Wrote: can I just ask you guys one question since you're ranting about OBOs? even if there isn't a OBO on a Buy It Now listing, do you still message the seller with an offer? Be honest now...
For me it depends on the item and how long it's been up for sale. I have done it a few times, but it's typically just on cards that are numbered to 5 or less. I try to be very polite and simply start by asking if the seller has any room to negotiate on the price. If they say "no" than I simply thank them for their time. If they say "yes" than we usually end up making a deal.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(05-07-2015, 06:00 PM)kstjst48 Wrote: can I just ask you guys one question since you're ranting about OBOs? even if there isn't a OBO on a Buy It Now listing, do you still message the seller with an offer? Be honest now...
What I have done is asked the seller to contact me if they decide to take offers.
My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

(05-08-2015, 11:19 AM)djohn Wrote: For me it depends on the item and how long it's been up for sale. I have done it a few times, but it's typically just on cards that are numbered to 5 or less. I try to be very polite and simply start by asking if the seller has any room to negotiate on the price. If they say "no" than I simply thank them for their time. If they say "yes" than we usually end up making a deal.
I do the same thing, often I end up buying more stuff and they don't take the hit on seller fees.

I do it sometimes...

I ask if they are willing to listen to offers and I thank them for their time and consideration.

[Image: Star.gif]