Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Pet Peeves

RE: Pet Peeves
My pet peeve is tape on a toploader.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(05-04-2015, 08:16 AM)zeprock Wrote: My pet peeve is tape on a toploader.
Oh man, I feel you. Especially if you have to pick at it.

(05-04-2015, 08:16 AM)zeprock Wrote: My pet peeve is tape on a toploader.
ughhhh hate it, toploader becomes all sticky once you pull it off. Anyone found out a way to take the stickiness off?? alcohol maybe??
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(05-03-2015, 08:18 PM)madamson Wrote: I think they just need to be on the 25 man roster in order for it to be a RC....at least I thought......
They do-- they have to play in 1 game to get the RC logo.

(05-04-2015, 09:23 AM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: ughhhh hate it, toploader becomes all sticky once you pull it off. Anyone found out a way to take the stickiness off?? alcohol maybe??
I have used GOO GONE.

Maybe well all wright MLB and tell them our feelings as collectors on this issue. More letters soon they will have to respond.

Shawshank Redemption 2 letter a week
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

(05-04-2015, 05:44 PM)waynetalger Wrote: Maybe well all wright MLB and tell them our feelings as collectors on this issue. More letters soon they will have to respond.

Shawshank Redemption 2 letter a week
I know I stopped collecting rookies when the 2006 rule came in so I don't have many to speak of from the newer era but my dad who also collects rookies has tons of graded RC.

It would be interesting to see what would become of these cards that are sometimes 3 or more years after the players first cards. Would they be grandfathered in as the RC or would the much more realistic first cards become the RC?

I know most collectors probably don't care much and collect what they like. I however miss the good old days of the rookie card that didn't need a special Beckett issue every year with a rolodex in it to know where the RC is.

I am too old school to change but I feel as if the card like Topps has RC then its the rookie others are prospects so in 3 years it could be worth something for a Rookie

example 2009 Bowman draft Trout is a prospect
but
2011 cards are his RC

I still feel for inserts parallels are still rookies but some newer guys say no. Its a matter of what you feel is a true rookie

Now going back 20 some years
1993 Jeter vs 1996 Jeter. Everyone looks at his 1993 as a rookie but cards like 1996 Pinnacle says Rookie. It is his 93 which is the rookie.

I have 4,000 rookies from 2005-2015 some take 10 years to mature for the card in 2005 might be a pick of him at 16 still in high school but makes the Bigs in 2015. So I keep mine for 10 years for this scenario.
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]