Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
reputable dealer for singles and sets

reputable dealer for singles and sets
Hi all,

At one time, there was an ad in Beckett for a dealer I ordered from. He had minor league team sets, singles of all major brands, and team sets from Topps and other products. For the life of me, I cannot remember who it is or have I seen an ad.

What I'm looking for is a reputable dealer selling these types of sets and cards. I'd like to use 1 really good dealer, especially for the commons of sets I'd like to finish, so I wouldn't have to go to dozens of dealers for a card here and a card there and have to pay so many different shipping charges.

Can anyone recommend any dealers. Hopefully you've done business with them and can attest to their good qualities.

Thank you.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

RE: reputable dealer for singles and sets
(04-30-2015, 12:03 AM)bamyanks Wrote: Hi all,

At one time, there was an ad in Beckett for a dealer I ordered from. He had minor league team sets, singles of all major brands, and team sets from Topps and other products. For the life of me, I cannot remember who it is or have I seen an ad.

What I'm looking for is a reputable dealer selling these types of sets and cards. I'd like to use 1 really good dealer, especially for the commons of sets I'd like to finish, so I wouldn't have to go to dozens of dealers for a card here and a card there and have to pay so many different shipping charges.

Can anyone recommend any dealers. Hopefully you've done business with them and can attest to their good qualities.

Thank you.
What he said^^^^...Such a person/dealer may become my new hero.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

If you are looking for singles, there is COMC, JustCommons.com, as well as Beckett Marketplace and SportLots where you can search by seller (to only pay one shipping fee). As for sets, it depends on if you are looking for newer or more vintage sets and then again if you are looking for minor league sets versus MLB sets. I have bought most of my non-vintage sets from places like DAC, Blowout, SteelCity, and Kruk Cards (on eBay).
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(04-30-2015, 11:45 AM)djohn Wrote: If you are looking for singles, there is COMC, JustCommons.com, as well as Beckett Marketplace and SportLots where you can search by seller (to only pay one shipping fee). As for sets, it depends on if you are looking for newer or more vintage sets and then again if you are looking for minor league sets versus MLB sets. I have bought most of my non-vintage sets from places like DAC, Blowout, SteelCity, and Kruk Cards (on eBay).
+1....thanks for saving me some typing DJ!

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(04-30-2015, 11:45 AM)djohn Wrote: ... and SportLots where you can search by seller (to only pay one shipping fee).
I have done COMC before, but this Sportlots one fee thing I will look into.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

why not trade for them here?
allso check the markett place if you cannot find the card(s) for trade
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

And if you are lucky enough to be near shows or stores; why not go there as well Smile
Plano, Tx. Card Show #7, Sunday March 5, 2017 from 9 AM to 4 PM at Adat Chaverim (Northeast Corner Independence and Spring Creek) in Plano Tx.

(04-30-2015, 11:45 AM)djohn Wrote: If you are looking for singles, there is COMC, JustCommons.com, as well as Beckett Marketplace and SportLots where you can search by seller (to only pay one shipping fee). As for sets, it depends on if you are looking for newer or more vintage sets and then again if you are looking for minor league sets versus MLB sets. I have bought most of my non-vintage sets from places like DAC, Blowout, SteelCity, and Kruk Cards (on eBay).
FYI - Sportlots is a separate shipping fee for each person you buy from. COMC is one shipping fee if you have them hold your cards until you want them shipped. Not sure of the others as I've never used them.

(04-30-2015, 06:16 PM)mmahoney Wrote: FYI - Sportlots is a separate shipping fee for each person you buy from. COMC is one shipping fee if you have them hold your cards until you want them shipped. Not sure of the others as I've never used them.
Yes, that's why I mentioned to sort by seller so you can pay just one shipping fee. I find that there are some sellers with large quantities from a single set and usually have good prices and in fact offer discounts for the more you buy from them.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

I made a couple of orders through the marketplace. I got some good results.