`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you display your cards?

How do you display your cards?
how does everybody display there cards here? I've been trying to figure out what to do with mine. I would like a wall mount case, but can't find any I like. Where's a good place online or a store where I can get something?

RE: How do you display your cards?
I made my own shelves using 1x2 Aspen Boards from the hardware store. They are finished on all 4 sides and typically come in lengths of 4', 6' & 8' and run about $2.50-$6.00 each depending on the length. You can get them in other species too like pine, oak & cedar.

I ran a groove down the center of them using a table saw and built them to fit my space using finishing nails to hold them together and eye bolts and sawtooth picture hangers. They just mount to the wall and use the wall itself as the backing to lean the cards up against. They are very lightweight and sturdy.

[Image: DSC01844_zpsc1a0c58e.jpg]

[Image: DSC01834_zpsca230e62.jpg]

[Image: DSC01805_zps4f0c275c.jpg]

[Image: alanch-1.png]
-Banner Courtesy of rogue655-

Jim Leonhard Needs:
2005 Longevity Holofoil /25
2009 SPx Super Scripts Autographs Eight /8

Joel Effertz Needs:
2013 Bowman Draft Black Paper /1, Black Plate /1, Cyan Plate /1

Firebird I think it is, a user on here, builds cases. PM him. I store most of mine in binders, though for the upper tier ones, or graded cards, I use storage boxes right now. At some point I want to buy/build cases to hang on the wall. I like your set up Alanch, but looks too labor intensive to keep dust free/clean lol :p

It does require an occasional cleaning, but at the same time it serves as a built-in excuse to spend more time in my mancave. Smile

While the dusting/cleaning portion may only take 20 minutes, I need to set aside some extra time to make sure the Xbox still works, the TV has a nice clear picture, make sure the beer is at an optimal temperature. All those quality control items that make for the perfect mancave experience. Smile
[Image: alanch-1.png]
-Banner Courtesy of rogue655-

Jim Leonhard Needs:
2005 Longevity Holofoil /25
2009 SPx Super Scripts Autographs Eight /8

Joel Effertz Needs:
2013 Bowman Draft Black Paper /1, Black Plate /1, Cyan Plate /1

(04-23-2015, 02:05 PM)alanch Wrote: I made my own shelves using 1x2 Aspen Boards from the hardware store.
Those look pretty sharp...except for all those darn Packers cards.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

That's looks really nice alanch, I'm gonna look into that.

(04-23-2015, 02:57 PM)alanch Wrote: It does require an occasional cleaning, but at the same time it serves as a built-in excuse to spend more time in my mancave. Smile

While the dusting/cleaning portion may only take 20 minutes, I need to set aside some extra time to make sure the Xbox still works, the TV has a nice clear picture, make sure the beer is at an optimal temperature. All those quality control items that make for the perfect mancave experience. Smile
LOL!

I use these guys......

[Image: 8826A04D-F16B-49DD-A85D-616D475430ED-332...aad34b.jpg]

check out the album...
http://s1182.photobucket.com/user/phnzph...brary/cave

you can see em in action so to speak...lol

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

(04-23-2015, 02:05 PM)alanch Wrote: I made my own shelves using 1x2 Aspen Boards from the hardware store. They are finished on all 4 sides and typically come in lengths of 4', 6' & 8' and run about $2.50-$6.00 each depending on the length. You can get them in other species too like pine, oak & cedar.

I ran a groove down the center of them using a table saw and built them to fit my space using finishing nails to hold them together and eye bolts and sawtooth picture hangers. They just mount to the wall and use the wall itself as the backing to lean the cards up against. They are very lightweight and sturdy.

[Image: DSC01844_zpsc1a0c58e.jpg]
You've got a sequence in the second row that's worth close to a grand. And I should know, I've got half of them and they're the best items in my pc.
[Image: Gdgj0.png]

PhotoBucket

Top 5 Auto Needs
1. Elijah Pitts
2. Oscar Robertson "Big O"
3. Giannis Antetokounmpo "GA34"
4. Aaron Rodgers "A12R"
5. Aaron Rodgers "A8R"