Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone have any experience with cards graded by "GAI?"

Anyone have any experience with cards graded by "GAI?"
Looking at maybe buying a card that has been graded by "GAI."

Thinking of buying something, busting it out, and having it re-graded via BGS.

Wondered if anyone had any experience doing that on here, good or bad.

RE: Anyone have any experience with cards graded by "GAI?"
Pay the raw price for it, and you should be fine.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(04-23-2015, 04:51 PM)jonathani Wrote: Pay the raw price for it, and you should be fine.
The card in question is priced reasonably given what it is. I'm investigating it further by trying to get pictures of both the front and the back to make sure it's in good overall condition and legit.

(04-23-2015, 04:51 PM)jonathani Wrote: Pay the raw price for it, and you should be fine.
+1

GAI in the very beginning when Mike Baker (the former head grader at PSA) was there was a legit grading service. Then the wheels came off and then the overgrading and trimmed cards issues became prevalent. These days, GAI cards sell at a substantial discount of PSA and SGC. You can bet that most of the Pre-1970's GAI vintage stuff that is "cross-over-able" has already crossed. Proceed at your own risk.

(04-26-2015, 02:40 AM)KobeJames Wrote: +1

GAI in the very beginning when Mike Baker (the former head grader at PSA) was there was a legit grading service. Then the wheels came off and then the overgrading and trimmed cards issues became prevalent. These days, GAI cards sell at a substantial discount of PSA and SGC. You can bet that most of the Pre-1970's GAI vintage stuff that is "cross-over-able" has already crossed. Proceed at your own risk.
Thanks for the info.

The card in question ended up not being legit after further pictures.

It was unfortunate cause the card was reasonably priced with plenty of meat still on the bone.

I'm just glad I know what I'm looking for and have you guys as resource to bounce things off of.