`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about PSA cases

Question about PSA cases
There is a card on the bay that I am consider buying. It is PSA graded.

I have never bought a card graded by PSA.

How are the PSA cases in comparison to BGS cases?

Thank you.
My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

RE: Question about PSA cases
In terms of physical construction of the cases I think BGS is stronger and more secure. The PSA cases are typically a little thinner and smaller so there's some space savings to be had.

In terms of grading a BGS 9.5 equals a PSA 10. BGS offers a 10 grade that PSA doesn't offer. To me it means that BGS is more granular in their standards which I prefer.

In terms of market power PSA is just as reputable as BGS over the long haul. PSA has been in the game longer.

My preference is to get everything slabbed BGS but PSA has very competitive registries which can making grading with them lucrative if looking to sell. The consensus I've read about is vintage cards, especially pre-WWII it's best to go with SGC.

RE: Question about PSA cases
(04-20-2015, 04:56 PM)jplarson Wrote: In terms of physical construction of the cases I think BGS is stronger and more secure. The PSA cases are typically a little thinner and smaller so there's some space savings to be had.

In terms of grading a BGS 9.5 equals a PSA 10. BGS offers a 10 grade that PSA doesn't offer. To me it means that BGS is more granular in their standards which I prefer.

In terms of market power PSA is just as reputable as BGS over the long haul. PSA has been in the game longer.

My preference is to get everything slabbed BGS but PSA has very competitive registries which can making grading with them lucrative if looking to sell. The consensus I've read about is vintage cards, especially pre-WWII it's best to go with SGC.
Thank you. In pictures, it does seem that BGS cases are thicker than PSA. I just wanted to confirm it.
My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2