`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 Topps $1 packs @ 5 Below w/complaint

RE: 2015 Topps $1 packs @ 5 Below w/complaint
I too saw a guy with a scale once, even asked him (sarcastically) "Did you find anything yet?" Nothing...just kept going.

(04-20-2015, 07:15 PM)once78 Wrote: I too saw a guy with a scale once, even asked him (sarcastically) "Did you find anything yet?" Nothing...just kept going.
My biggest beef was him taking the hobby away from kids who collect the topps set with their dads or whatever. And would pee themselves if they snagged a jersey card or medallion or whatever. I mean $1 a pack!

1st...awesome for the heads up. Didn't know 5 below had cards.....gotta check it out. 2nd...searchers really do ruin the hobby experience for people that collect via the pack and as somebody said....usually all for a $5 card. Myself, I'd be cool with the manufatures using all redemptions in packs, however, cards must be made and sent the day after the redemption is sent in (free shipping also). Put the searchers right out of business. Scumbags............
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

How scummy can you get?!?!?! What a dirtball. I guess that's a good reason for the cardboard blanks panini uses. Topps should use them for packs that don't have relics. I've never come across a searcher but I kinda can't wait til I do. Gonna light him up!
[Image: w6CF1RN.png]
Another great banner by jbel4331!

Also collecting Brewers prospects and Hall of Fame autos

(04-20-2015, 08:31 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: 1st...awesome for the heads up. Didn't know 5 below had cards.....gotta check it out. 2nd...searchers really do ruin the hobby experience for people that collect via the pack and as somebody said....usually all for a $5 card. Myself, I'd be cool with the manufatures using all redemptions in packs, however, cards must be made and sent the day after the redemption is sent in (free shipping also). Put the searchers right out of business. Scumbags............
That's what I find so funny, they pretty much find some low $ mem card. They probably pass over the nice auto or low # parallel.

And there are a few of these dirtbags that have youtube channels showing they're pack searching.

I agree with the redemption idea but it'll probably never go over well.

IF EVERYONE WOULD STOP BUYING HOT PACKS ON EBAY...THIS PROBLEM WOULD GO AWAY. MOST OF US KNOW THERE ISNT MUCH VALUE IN A RETAIL JERSEY ANYHOW, PULLED A INSERT OR NUMBERED CARD IS USUALLY WORTH MORE
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]