`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Contemplating making a big purchase(updated with photos pg2)

RE: Contemplating making a big purchase(updated with photos pg2)
We we started discussing prices we were really far apart. Still in negotiations but pretty sure we won't come to an agreement. It was pending on getting some of the vintage graded but right not waiting on him to come back with a counter. I think I hurt his feeling with my initial offer.

(04-22-2015, 08:10 AM)Neifert Wrote: We we started discussing prices we were really far apart. Still in negotiations but pretty sure we won't come to an agreement. It was pending on getting some of the vintage graded but right not waiting on him to come back with a counter. I think I hurt his feeling with my initial offer.
These things happen. Some people get really offended when you go to buy their collection and they realize your not looking to give them 100% total value. Some people come around after getting other prices and realize you weren't trying to be scandalous. Others will just believe everyone that gave them prices are all scam artists. Can't win them all.

(04-22-2015, 09:03 AM)Hofcollector Wrote: These things happen. Some people get really offended when you go to buy their collection and they realize your not looking to give them 100% total value. Some people come around after getting other prices and realize you weren't trying to be scandalous. Others will just believe everyone that gave them prices are all scam artists. Can't win them all.
+5000 Excellent Post!!
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(04-22-2015, 08:10 AM)Neifert Wrote: We we started discussing prices we were really far apart. Still in negotiations but pretty sure we won't come to an agreement. It was pending on getting some of the vintage graded but right not waiting on him to come back with a counter. I think I hurt his feeling with my initial offer.
Let him go to a dealer at a shop for an offer ... Then he'll come running back to you. Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(04-22-2015, 03:48 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Let him go to a dealer at a shop for an offer ... Then he'll come running back to you. Smile

That is exactly what I told him, I said if you went to a shop they would maybe offer you half of what I'm offering you. His response "do you know how much time/money I have in these". I just told him to think it over and get back to me, I didn't have the heart to destroy his million dollar dream he built.

Sounds like you may have an up hill battle. Unfortunately some would be sellers don't understand they can't be paid for "their time" when it comes to selling sports cards because there are set values on most cards and they also fail to acknowledge that what they've invested isn't always what a collection is worth. Usually when they say something like "do you know how much time I have invested in this?", what they really mean is "do you know how emotionally attached I am to these?".