`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
2014 Bowman Draft Twins Project - Red Paper Set Complete! (Post #62)

RE: I might have gone a bit overboard with '14 Bowman Draft
Thanks, all. The good news is that while the rookies are good in terms of actual baseball, aside from Gordon they're not high-end names in terms of the hobby.

Burdi and Reed are back of the bullpen guys and Cederoth could be anything from a #3 starter (probably his ceiling) to a setup man. And then the prospects have been around enough and in enough products that they weren't crazy expensive.

My guess is I'm in for probably the cost of a hobby and a jumbo box. Not too bad, as I've picked up a few other pieces of trade bait in lots.
Kepler

Nice collection! good luck getting the rest Smile
Looking for 2011-2016 Gypsy Queen Mini's. Please check my want list. Also, must send FIRST!

Top wants! 2015 Topps Gypsy Queen Mini Silver #221 Jean Segura, #273 Allen Craig, #293 Danny Salazar, #310 Al Kaline SP, #319 Reggie Jackson SP

You did not go overboard. Bowman did. With so many different colored borders, it's just getting ridiculous. People don't get it.

If I decide to grow only five tulips and take them to the farmer's market, they aren't worth any more than those of someone that grew hundreds. Limiting their own supply in order to control the demand is a joke companies have been playing on collectors more now than ever before. It's very unsatisfying to me as getting every different version of a specific card is becoming more and more unlikely.

I'm learning to really like base. I haven't stopped looking for all the parallels, but since it's so unlikely I'll ever find them all, my interest in them has very much waned, and that's exactly what the card companies don't want.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

This has proven a rather difficult project for me for just one player, so i'm definitely impressed and commend you on your current progress.

Summary: awesome!

Added one more:

[Image: 20150503_005100_zps1qljiazw.jpg]
Kepler

Very Impressive indeed (plus it's nice looking stuff). I do not have the disipline to narrow my focus...I want it all LOL. Plus there is just so much and with 15-20 different releases a year and a pretty strick budget, I grab what I can at release and move on. Great stuff........
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Another newbie for the Draft project:

[Image: 20150504_190018_8_bestshot_zpspfdtdnyg.jpg]
Kepler

Another came in today:

[Image: 20150513_215321_5_bestshot_zps35ubcqlv.jpg]
Kepler

The latest and greatest in the never-ending journey for Twins draft rainbow:

[Image: 20150519_220333_8_bestshot_zpsroplhojq.jpg]
Kepler

Two more pieces of Bowman Draft Rainbow fall.

[Image: 20150603_192947_4_bestshot_zps4glxbprf.jpg]
Kepler