`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2014 Turkey Red Football Green /10 Autos

2014 Turkey Red Football Green /10 Autos
*** This post is pure speculation on my part, and no founded in any fact, so please do not read this post as if any of my suppositions are based on fact or knowledge ***

So,

I have been tracking many of the nuts and bolts of this set, being one of the more ardent admirers of this crop of rookies, and the set itself obviously...

One thing that concerns me about how Topps worked this set into the Target Retail space..... This set includes a Green /10 Auto Parallel, and so there should be a total of 78 x 10 = 780 Green parallel /10 autos.

To date, between ALL of the usual suspects (EBAY, COMC, Beckett, etc...), I have seen a total of 71 of the 780 Green /10 autos available. My question is: Where are the other 709 green /10 autos?

I can see there being perhaps HALF of these being hoarded and kept by their owners, but this simply is not the case, as Beckett and PSA are not showing more than ONE handful as being submitted for grading.

In summary, is there TRULY 780 total green /10 autos available to the public? If not WHERE ARE THEY? Very strange to me.....and just to add the mix, there have been FIVE black 1/1 autos SEEN, and 4 of the 10 SP Photo variations have either NEVER been seen (2 of them), or seen ONE time (Clowney and Bridgewater).

I don't know, but this seems like there is a distinct possibility that Topps OVERPRODUCED this set in the back end, thinning out the GOOD autos and parallel autos, thinking that they would sell, sell, sell at the $25.00 price point. Now, I anticipate that Topps has thousands of $25.00 boxes waiting in the wings, but they did not move their product through the end of the football season. Much of this has to do with people like you and me buying 9 or 10 boxes, and getting 9 or 10 Kony Ealy and Xavier Grimble type autos, with the star or parallel auto coming once very 25-30 boxes.

I hope Topps or someone "in the know" can respond, because despite my affinity for the set, on the balance this seems like an abject failure from a manufacturing and production standpoint.

-Kms
'14 Turkey Red Collector

[Image: f518c628-649c-4e9e-9869-dd38f1fbb1f0_zps4mowqbo4.jpg]